Polybush/SuperPro/OE Rubber - which bushes?

yorkshire_spam

So.... thinking ahead I'll probably set about re-bushing the Spitfire.
Over in Land Rover land (where I've been for the last 20 years) there is much debate about the ride quality difference between OE quality rubber and polyurethane bushes (and how long they last)

General consensus seems to be that cheap polyurethane are, at best, no better than decent OE rubber, but that decent polyurethane are better (both handling and longevity)

What about in Triumph land?
I would normally go for SuperPro Polyurethane, but they seem massively more expensive than PolyBush for the Spitfire - are they worth the premium?
Personally I wouldn't touch flo-flex with a barge pole - am I being unreasonable?

Cheers,
Sam

Certainly there is a lot of difference between NOS rubber bushes and repro rubber ones too, there seems to be something mising in rubber now that wasn't when 'our' cars were manufactured. I only tend to use superflex polyurethane bushes or NOS rubber ones, repro rubber ones are just avoiding the issue or delaying it in real terms.
Other poly items that I have used just seem to have unacceptable NVH levels or are just not fit for purpose.

Colin.

I've used a combination of blue and red Polybush on the Spitfire (red on the ARB + rear tie rods) and they are bloody excellent. Also just tried an orange Flo-Flex one on the steering rack and that gave a big improvement to the steering too, I'd say that felt around the same hardness as the blue Polybush. Red Polybush are very hard to install!

"Red Polybush are very hard to install!" I can only second this! Took me a lot of time to fit them to a friend's spitfire...    :o

I have used Superflex on my cars and find them very good. One set was even transferred from one car to an other without problems. And they are much easier to install than Polybush.