Seeing Sorry , link no longer available made me think about what would really put a smile on my face on this years run. On the last event it was seeing Rob complete the 10CR at last after all the effort he's put into helping others. I think this year it'll be when Mike W completes the event in the estate.

So, what's gonna do it for you?

ferny wrote:
I think this year it'll be when Mike W completes the event in the estate.

So, what's gonna do it for you?

I want to see myself and Anne complete it in the estate too, I didn't think the car was going to make it a few weeks ago, but now I think its in with a fighting chance. Its just its so complex and there is so much to go wrong. Still I am getting more and more confident in it, and I have checked and tested everything. But its going to be a nervous time, trying not to listen to odd noises and wondering what they are. I'll be gutted if it breaks down in a big way, I sooo want to finish in the estate.

Apart from that its Dave Pearson, and Chris Sherrington, both running it down to the wire, I hope they make it and complete the run, I thought my prep was late .........

Ferny, great thread!

I have lots:

1. The major one: See all cars and crews finish the event successfully and safely. The buzz amongst all the finishers at the end in The Plough is one of the best things I have encountered.

2. Enjoy the start at The Plough: Cannot say this enough, but the car park at the start is just brilliant, a proper way to display Triumph motor cars.

3. Enjoy some good quality driving: The Scottish Highland and Welsh roads are just the best, especially when amongst other Triumph cars.

4. Finish the event: Still not laid a spanner on the car. The RBRR team are having a busy time!

5. Yet again, prove that the RBRR is the old car event!

timbancroft61 wrote:
Ferny, great thread!

I have lots:

1. The major one: See all cars and crews finish the event successfully and safely. The buzz amongst all the finishers at the end in The Plough is one of the best things I have encountered.

2. Enjoy the start at The Plough: Cannot say this enough, but the car park at the start is just brilliant, a proper way to display Triumph motor cars.

3. Enjoy some good quality driving: The Scottish Highland and Welsh roads are just the best, especially when amongst other Triumph cars.

4. Finish the event: Still not laid a spanner on the car. The RBRR team are having a busy time!

5. Yet again, prove that the RBRR is the old car event!

All well said Tim  :)

I think there are two aspects of it for me, one positive and one sort of negative

I want to see the dirty and campaign hardened cars at the finish with speed lines, road dirt and torn stickers looking well thrashed in with bleary eyed drivers talking bollocks and war stories.

I don't want to see any dead cars, or hear of any stupidity on the road, or have any moaning about trivia - like spelling mistakes in the road book or a bad sausage at Lands End or excessive speed bumps in Didcot etc.

All that is apart from the fact that I want to get round myself with my car and crew in one piece - if I achieve that it'll probably be more miles done in 48 hours than in the last 20 years for the old girl.

I want to see the "last minute" gang at the start and at the finish!

On a personal note - I want to complete as much of the run with the roof down! first time we have done it in a soft top! and see it as a fresh challenge
I would also like people to know that "my boot is always open"! and if I have a bit/thingy bob self tapper botch with me they are welcome to it and my help to get them to the finish!

Yes, I also want to see the "last-minute gang" get to the start and the finish....... (and count them through at Badgers Holt) especially big Chris, Dave P (mad b*ggers the pair of them  :P).  Alex and James Cooper also merit an honourable mention here for their recent efforts!

I would also be grateful if the weather gods could be a little kinder than on recent events......

Nick

Unfortunately James Cooper had to withdraw as he has had to have some serious knee work!

However, he is a real trooper who will be at Sixpenny Handley helping with the Marshalling.

At pres. he has Alex over at his house sorting out the return water pipe that goes behind the manifold.

Not a bad lad, crap driver though!

Sorry to go off thread.