Here's an idea for you all - co-driver controls.

This will work on a Mk1 saloon that has SPDT switches - others would need a couple of relays (am going to draw that out)

Basically you need another SPDT switch and some 3 core wire. 3 core wire needs 5 female spades and 1 male spade.

It can get boring for the co-driver you know, Ferny! Probably on some Triumphs the wiper switch is very near the driver, so hard to reach from the passenger side.

My wiper switch is actually in easier reach of the passenger anyway, and the screen wash switch is virtually on the passengers side! Thus on the '06 RBRR it was usually the co-driver who did the honours. ;D

I've always found that after xx number of hours in a car you gel with your co-driver - so much so you operate the lights/wipers and stuff for them.

Stuff like main beam when you're on a charge is good - switching on and off to stop dazzling other cars.

• 3 months later...

John_Martin wrote:
I can see me now, stretching out to have a kip and accidentaly shoving my foot firmly on the brake and causing the car to come to a screeching halt! :P ;D

Well you could consider kipping in the back if you had a bigger car :)

Wouldn't work in my case, for some strange reason that I can't fathom my co-drivers always seem to have their hands over their eyes and are gibbering something like the Lord's prayer.........all very edifying an' that but means they don't know when to put the wipers on or dip the lights.  ;D

PS. Q: Does anyone know the proceedure for a forced landing in a single engined aircraft at night in the case of an engine failure?
A: Descend to 500 feet, switch on landing light, if you REALLY don't like what you see, switch landing light off!    :o ;D ;)

Archived