10CR - the video

Raider

;) I have now viewed the video I made on the 10CR (several times) and the various interviews are certainly worth a wider audience. I am also happy to compile a larger video by copying any you send to me and put them all on one large tape.  So- let me know if you want me to go ahead with this. If so, post a copy of your tape to me with an SAE.

This will just be a quick one video after another with no editing at all.

I am considering asking the club if we should look at having a proper edited version done for sale obviously we would need everyone's permission to use their footage. What do you think? Would there be a demand for an official video?

Got to agree there....  Do you want my video..???  It consists of me walking round the car at home praying we were going to make it....  No ???  Thought not !!!  :B :B :B

Car now back on the road and 140 miles clocked on her today.... (went to Beale Park and plenty of 10CR t-shirts were being worn). Lovely driving with the hood down but it's very boring driving at 60mph, having to let MGBs go past...... :P :P :P

Take it easy all...  8) 8) 8)

Ellis

I'd like to see a video to pretend I was there! Is there anyone in the club who can do video editing to put in some joins and comments so it runs like a log? One person's video after another on one tape is chronologically confusing perhaps. I'm not sure anyone who wasn't involved in the run would be so interested though, would they?!

Caroline

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

3 1/2 years later here's a video made up from clips provided by the Johnsons before I knew what to do with them :B

10CR 2003 - for those fortunate people who were there at the start of it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NzAWZsNpwA

That was the special oil for diesel engines we put in at the first stop. Try explaining to a French garage monkey who spoke no English that you don't care he's got now oil for petrol engines, anything is better than nothing!

Tobe fair Dave we didn't take any spares or tools so there was no point in lifting the bonnet. I recall when the temp gauage packed up we were releived as it was the only working gauge we could look at and all eyes were on it! To be fair, you built a monster that was durable and lasted the course despite problems betwee steering wheel and driver's seat :-)

Is anyone thinking of doing a better (no offence Martin!) video job this next time round?

On the Italian Job I took some in car stuff which turned out OK (on a digital stills camera) but as I was driving up mountain passes and trying to film hand-held I think some camera mount is definately required.

No offence taken Burnerboy :P

I do have other video from 03 but getting it on the web may take some time.

If anyone has any from back then tho - I will be very happy to try and do something with it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Burnerboy wrote:
Is anyone thinking of doing a better (no offence Martin!) video job this next time round?

I'll be taking my video camera and intend to do a bit of interviewing (a la Raider stylee) - just hoping to get a hold of a better mount as my one does vibrate a bit. I feel filming a lap of the usually unseen parts of the Nurburgring is a must (which given how sideways the Bus is likely to be going round, is what will be recorded :o )

Raider ,that first clip was so reminisant af the cine films my great uncle used to take of his trips abroad in his jag in th 60s and 70s..sent a chill down my spine..it was watching those films as a kid that made me want to do similar things when i grew up..ta for that

Archived