• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i like the idea of driving alott, Im no up for nearly constant driving wid oot sleep for nearly fowa days.
not only that, but the gerub wont be to me pallet of very limited tastes..

even the Ecosse no appeals, for the same length of time driving.
All these tales of ..im worn oot, 10,000 red bulls drunk to keep us awake,no for me.
Stonehenge is bad enough, near on 600 roond trip. :o :o

M

Ah, Jason I know where you live and how to get their!

After that if you were gonna use your car I would stop and paint your TIRES (note correct spelling) but I like Nigel, he buys me Beer!

Team "SHORTS, I thought it was Team "SNORTS"  You can spot them a mile away so you know you are on route!  Not that they are!

Welcome aboard guys!

Joe contacted me through facebook and team Torpedo are making a guest appearance at our monthly CT local area meet on 3rd September, they've now booked into a hotel up the road. I'm obviously puttingthe owrd about with our regulars to persuade them to ensure thay get along to the meet that mobth to make Joe and the guys welcome and get thier Triumph's out of the garage...

If any of the rest of you out in CT land that are within striking distance of North Hampshire fancy coming along that night then please do, in fact you are welcome anytime of course!

We meet at the Crooked Billet just north of Hook on the A30, about a mile away from Junction 5 of the M3 so quite easy to get to.

Carl 32 valves has suggestted we have a bit of a meal at the Crooked Billet that night which sounds like a good idea to me....Club Torpedo will need to get fed and watered and the Crooked Billet certainly do some nice scoff...

Most of our guys participate in an annual event called Damn The Torpedoes (DTT).  It goes between 325-475 miles depending upon the organizer's whimsy.  It's true we're joining Andy at The Crooked Billet for the September meeting on the third.  The night before we'll be at The Ship and Bell in Horndean with Jon Jackson and family.  He's housing two of our cars.  The nice thing is that the rooms will be up the stairs.  I imagine we'll be a bit tired.  I'm working on loading photos of the starting line/finish and my cars.  So far no go!

I talked with Glen Minucci last night, and we are on the same flight to England.    

Team Torpedo, I will get together with Glen soon and go over everything.

Andy, I remember the pub and that I went wit Jason to a meeting their. Might be a bit far but will see when I get to England.  Be nice to have all the Americans together as safety in numbers.  If you get Jason out of his house for a few hours I can paint his tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Velocita Rosso,
   I could not agree more!!  Thanks for the hearty laugh!!  Without the Great Winston Churchill to save us, we will work extra hard to be on time.  
   Joe posted his Triumph fleet, here is a photo of mine.  If some of you are wondering how I got My mark 1 2000 named Casper to pose in the photo, please finish the pint and look again in the morning  :)
   The more I talk to the men who are currently helping us, the more I cannot wait to meet you all.

Some invasion!  We have guns and the Brit's don't!  Some of us will have a night maneuver as we will invade france Wednesday night!  Will set up a forward observation post and secure it.  Though un-armed, the frogs are no match for my lackey, Ashley!    Of course if I thought we might run into any serious resistance I would drag Ferny along.

By the way on the return trip we might have to snag the Torpedo Estate as you all have no idea how much WINE Ash will try to bootleg back to England!  

Only in Swiss-Land does one need a windscreen!   DollyRoo now has a proper laminated one.  We will carry the temp screen just in case anyone needs it   ??)

Ash has the plexaglass one.

For our 3rd try we will do our best to keep the engine fan on the car and no glass brakage.  But hay we have allways Finished   :P

Goody wrote:
Some invasion!  We have guns and the Brit's don't!  Some of us will have a night maneuver as we will invade france Wednesday night!  Will set up a forward observation post and secure it.  Though un-armed, the frogs are no match for my lackey, Ashley!    Of course if I thought we might run into any serious resistance I would drag Ferny along.

By the way on the return trip we might have to snag the Torpedo Estate as you all have no idea how much WINE Ash will try to bootleg back to England!  

There's been about three shootings in my town in the last couple of weeks. We have guns as well. ;)

Also, I have a new favourite pub to take you to.