Roy asked us to post about who we are.  Some of the guys are at a Car Rally this weekend, so I hope that I can speak for them until they can speak for themselves.
   We are a group of guys that have met from across the United States, who love to drive our British Cars.  We live all over the country and meet every year in a different place to spend a few days together, just as a small group.  We also go to the large gatherings of British Cars, but this is a tight knit group that enjoys our own parties too. We plan drives, and rallies and events just for us to have a great time.  Last year we all met in Georgia at the Walter Mitty Classic Car race.  Previous spots were in Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania.   This year is at the 10CR!
   We are NOT the guys who just go to club meetings and talk about our cars.  We ENDLESSLY work and run our cars to exhaustion and then repair as necessary to bring the cars back to factory or better standards.  Most of us have at least 2 British cars and are serious British Car folks.  But even when it is winter time, we get together as just friends throughout the country as well.  There is not a bad apple in the bunch.  We run our cars hard and demand everything out of them, we laugh, we fix and we relax together.  There are some of us who cannot come to Britain this year, and it will be painful for them not to be here with us. We will toast them from far lands...

Our group of 12 currently is:

Doug Jensen  from Kentucky.
Joe Earnest from Georgia
Victor Rohner from Michigan
John Vandorn from New York
Mike Roe from Indiana
Glen Minucci from Maryland
Robert Wolosonowich from the Marines.
Jim Orr from Georgia
Dave Magella from Ohio
Mike Montoya from Florida (on the fence)
open slot still...
open slot still...

I am sure others will add more...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Doug Jensen,
   My father would not let me buy a decapitated TR7 on the side of the road when I was 15, and I have been rebelling ever since.  I have owned a British car in one form or another since College.  Mostly TR7's....  I bought a TR8 on Y2K, and have put endless miles on it.  On our first trip to England,my wife and I ran the Land Rover Experience outside of Coventry during our visit to the Heritage Motor Centre Museum.  Of course we bought a Discovery as soon as we got home.   Adding two kids to our family proved to my wife that we needed a Stag in our collection....and that is how I met Joe Earnest...  My Stag engine seized on the purchase ride home.  Joe had a spare engine 8 hours away, so I flew down, bought the engine, threw it in the back of a rental car and drove home.  Now the kids are outgrowing the Stag... so of course we need a 2000!  After Ebay bidding on many a 2000/2500, and struggling to get someone to sell one across the Ocean, I won the MK1 which the kids, the wife and I are looking forward to.  Roy/Tim and Lee have been invaluable to allowing this to happen.  Also this year someone sold me very cheap a TR3 parts car, which I am determined to get on the road with the UGLY old orange paint scheme still intact.
A Christmas photo of my family in 2007 while I was rebuilding the Stag engine

Joe Earnest here.  We are so excited about coming.  The help and attitude from the Club Triumph members is astonishing. It's amazing how cars can make instant friends.  Yes, we've purchased four cars from ebay and through the Dolomite Club.  
Torpedo One:  2000 MK II Estate Wagon (will be housed at Jon Jackson's house down south)
Torpedo Two:  1300 FWD (named Flipper because of the paint or primer)  housed in Lewes - Looking for front/rear bumpers
Torpedo Three: Dolomite Sprint sale pending from Jon Jackson
Torpedo Four:  2000 MK I Saloon (Doug's car being housed by that Shropshire crowd of the Roy Gang)

My Mom and I saw a TR6 in 1969 when visiting my Dad at the golf course.  We were amazed.  When the TR7 came out she said she didn't like it and one day she'd have a TR6.  In 1984 I was dating a gal and things weren't going so well.  I took her ring money and bought Mom a TR6 for Mothers Day.  This accomplished two things.  1) It got rid of that girl 2) I assumed the title of "most-favorite son" FOREVER!  Since then I've had the Triumph bug.  Presently I have a Sprint, Stag, and Herald Saloon.  I'll upload some photos If I can figure it out.  By the way, I learned what chuffed and apples means this weekend.  Will there be an American-English interpreter on the 10CR?

Marcus .......he only uses Babblefish............you may as well ask a 6 month old ........they could probably translate a workshop manual just as good  using nursery rhymes
Sorry Marcus....I still think your pies are scrumptious  ;)

Welcome to the world of CT, ...............as Torpedoes are released on to the continent............."Dive, dive, dive,"!

sparky_spit wrote:

Hi Joe - looking forward to meeting you guys.  We normally use a guy called Marcus for any translation into English. He's GT6M on here.  ;)

Mike,

Your a very naughty boy  ;D ;D ;D

Joe,

I like your style, drop the girl and pick up a TR6 (clap)(clap)(clap)
Bet your mom loved you lots anyway but that would have put the icing on the cake& the cherry too  :)

sparky_spit wrote:

Hi Joe - looking forward to meeting you guys.  We normally use a guy called Marcus for any translation into English. He's GT6M on here.  ;)

Morning Joe

Just ignore Mike, we actually use Marcus to translate things OUT OF English.

Once you have met him, the accent fits the typing perfectly.

Until then, use him as practise for when you go to that small part of Cumbria that speaks like nowhere else in the world.

:-)

That's what we need on the 10CR, more foreigners - well I guess the septics aren't really foreign, just colonials really - Welcome boys, this one should be a good one. Oh and if Goody tells you to white wall your tyres, kick him squarely in the crotch :-)

796 wrote:

nee Pies for ye lot this year then, but a real Deeelite,  Balutt, really the best delicacy oot thea. :o :o
M

Ok , whats Balutt then M? Sounds fishy to me (think)
EDIT: Just googled it... fertilised chicken or duck egg...hmmm yummy..!

Welcome team Torpedo...!

Is there a story behind the team name? We are 'Shorts' because....we only wear loud shorts... ;)