Team Torpedo Blog - 10CR Part 1

• 3 weeks later...

Velocita,

I posted a general schedule on a different thread.  I sat down yesterday to do that, but the wife pulled me away. Sorry.  We are nervously excited to get over there.  Since 3 of the cars have never been seen by the group, we plan on doing this schedule, but we might be just turning wrenches under a light at some dark lit petrol station for 4 days.  Time will tell, and an adventure is all we are expecting.  Looking forward to the sights and smells of 86 Triumphs blasting off on a crazy adventure.  

Here's the official update:
T1 The Estate (to be named by a member of the North Hampshire Area Club Triumph and announced at their meeting on 3 September...more suggestions on your area Facebook page gents) This car is in the capable hands of Jon Jackson.  HOWEVER, the tax disc is being mailed to Quiller where we will be Monday picking up...

T2 1300 FWD (Flipper) New clutch, master, slave, and hose which came from the previous owner Kenneth Roberts - MOT good and new wing. Tax disc to be retrieved from a post office by Quiller this week or me next Monday. Also bumpers donated to the cause by Paul Basher in Wales AND delivered from "deepest fookin Wales" to Quiller by Roy Lacey.

T3 Sprint Jon Jackson's car being sold to one of our guys (Billy Ray).  It's Pageant Blue and goes goes goes

T4 Mk I Saloon (Casper) Being cared for in a climate-controlled space by Roy and Tim up that way.  Midlands I think they call it.  This car will receive a new set of rear shocks/springs next Saturday because Tim told Doug his rear end sagged.  I think he was referring to Doug himself but who are we to question?

ONE GUY (unnamed unless he moves quickly) hasn't booked his flight yet and is trying to score the best deal.  (you may refer to him as Dum Dum)

ONE GUY couldn't make it due to work and has to life the rest of his sad sad life of our stories about Eastern European Hitchhikers in Daisy Dukes who don't speak English.

Listed elsewhere but for ease
Monday night at the Ship & Bell Horndean
Tuesday morning The Ace Cafe'
Tuesday afternoon - drive to Highclere and Stonehenge
Tuesday night The Crooked Billet for the local area club meeting.

Please join us on any and all opportunities.  Doug will buy a round for each and every one of you!

Off to drive MY Sprint!

Joe

7163 wrote:
http://www.torquecity.net
The beginning of our US-based campaigns.

Funky link patched up by moderator on 8/8/2013.

Joe I tried to add your blog into the club members featured blogs, but hit on a couple of problems.  Keith the webmaster has sorted out the error message that you  and others may seen.  We were not sure why the blog is not now showing.

Have sorted it.

Morning Joe

We gave Tim and Roy a quick lesson on what needs doing to the rear end of Caspar last weekend.

Having done a RBRR in a Mk1 saloon, 3 up and (45+ year old) standard springs is not a good combination.

Hopefully a call to Mr Chris Witor has been made on Dougs behalf.

Cheers

Colin

p.s. have you remembered to pack your budgie smugglers?

7273 wrote:
Colin,
Is it a swap just like the Stag,... unbolt bottom and top shocks and the springs fall out.  10 minutes later your done, or is it trickier? (assuming no rust, clear skies, on a no wind day)  ok, maybe a little rust....  :-/

Identical, it is the same suspension system.

The original springs can be quite long so sometimes you need to disconnect the drive shaft.

And as for Joe's question, I'll leave that to Mr Google. Get you in the right fraem of mind for your dip in the Med. Just be very careful if you come across a photo of Falvio Briatore... :-)

Cheers

Colin

Yeah.... that's the point - two nations divided by a common language  :).  Although I think the term "budgie smugglers" is actually Australian slang, so that's 3 nations divided by a common language.......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=budgie%20smugglers

BTW, budgie is short for budgerigar which is small bird that looks like a small parrot.

Cheers

Nick

Spent Mon afternoon and all today with The Torpedoes and they have been absolutely brilliant, there is so much to praise them for the list would be endless.
Thanks guys you all stay so calm as your Triumphs failed around you.
They kindly arranged for me to have a Torpedoes tee shirt to be an honary member with my name spelt right!

Mon we visited Goodwood where preparing for the Revival we met a USA team getting Phil Hills sons Maserati and a 64 Ferrari F1 race ready.
Today we drove scenic route to Stonehenge and then finishing at the Crooked Billet for North Hants CT meet and met more of our friends within Club Triumph.
Jon & Diane we say good luck the Torpedoes (your gonna need it!)

GO TORPEDOES GO......................and come back safe.

As  some know Carol and I arrived safe and sound in England Monday.  Glen from Team Torpedo left from Dullas with us on a different flight.  Got over to Mikeyb's yesterday to pick up roof box for after the run.  Picked up a few items for DollyRoo also.  Leaving this afternoon to pick up my crew in Luton.  Will be in france tonight.  Sorry I could not make it down to the bullet last night.  See everyone tonight or tomorrow morning.  GOOD LUCK ALL!

I'd just like to say good luck to all our American friends on their little jaunt around Europe.
Especially team two driving Flipper. As a owner of a '67 Triumph 1300 for some 26 years now, i know they sometimes have a habit of misbehaving( Having just read Andy cook's blog ), dropping their crankshaft nut is just one of their party tricks, this MUST be loctite'd in place or she'll only drop it again  ;)
But she will be a lot of fun around all those twisty passes. Enjoy !

Gordon