2017 Border Raiders August 5th and 6th

Raider

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from aleksandar
Wendy and I would like to say a massive congrats to Mik and all those involved in the route planning. We had a fab drive on a fab route. Nothing could stop us.... even the cow doing a stand off in the middle of the road on the Bowland Forest section!!!!

Do I get to say "told you so!" based on Friday night's conversation! 😉
Hope you all have another great day's driving today, just sorry we are not there with you!

Well once again a brilliant event on some fantastic roads
Two days of lovely driving in some good sunny weather except the last one hour when the Lancashire sea fret set in....
Deana was there at the start to wave everyone off as we departed into the sunny countryside
It gets better and better......thanks to Martins instigation

Just got back to Ipswich. Thanks to everyone who made it such a great weekend, some cracking driving roads and Carmel and I had a blast. Also the Spirit of the Event award was a very pleasant surprise, I'm just glad I was there to help with the right parts.

Now off to get some much needed sleep.

Russell.

If I got the technology right (sometimes Google and Facebook are a black art even to those of us who work in IT every day!) this post should link to a shared photo album where anyone can contribute their pictures. Please send us your photographs of the 2017 event so we can see what everyone else got up to!

I'll leave the album open to contributions for a while, then I'll lock it and copy the contents to @TheBorderRaiders on Facebook and also here on the club web site/forum if I can.

https://goo.gl/photos/mD5BYvu24Eqj7G6y6

Arrived back in Surrey at half past 2 today after choosing the drive along through Harrogate to the A1,50 times better than the M6 route,no holdups whatsoever until we hit the wonderful M25 at the M40 junction.

Big thanks to Mik,Mike,Chris and anyone else who had a hand in the organisation of this years run,obviously inspired by the man himself.Sadly missed.

Car was brilliant apart from a tired clutch but definitely a weekend to remeber.

Now i`m off to re-float my liver.
Steve

Back home in Devon now after a fantastic weekend. 977 miles round trip in the GT6 and ready for a sleep.
Thank you to everyone who helped plan and organise the weekend!
And thank you to the people who made the evenings special - you know who you are.

Andrew and Nick

Apologies to everyone who was promised that a picture of their car would appear today. I was contacted by a senior committee member and asked to shrink the pictures so that they didn't do odd things to the thread. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do that the quality suffers to the point where the images are almost indecipherable. I'll keep working on it. Otherwise, if there are any G.I.M.P. experts out there who could offer tips....

Quoted from AAC567X
Apologies to everyone who was promised that a picture of their car would appear today. I was contacted by a senior committee member and asked to shrink the pictures so that they didn't do odd things to the thread. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do that the quality suffers to the point where the images are almost indecipherable. I'll keep working on it. Otherwise, if there are any G.I.M.P. experts out there who could offer tips....

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/.....select file/25%/best then attach

Quoted Text

Quoted from AAC567X

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/.....select file/25%/best then attach

David, probably best to put them on the shared photo album that Mik set up

Chris

Quoted from Russell
Have uploaded a few pictures to the album. Also, I tracked the 2nd day using the ViewRanger app on my phone (completely forgot about it the first day). Hopefully you can see it here :

http://my.viewranger.com/track/details/NTU4NTE0MQ==

Well done Russ.....I just knew we were heading North by North West for a long time.....got sun burn on my left cheek....or it could have been burning from the responses from the navigator ....."WE ARE DEFINITELY IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION"