As some of you may know, our President Derek Pollock has written a book entitled; RBRR the first 50 years. We have been busy behind the scenes editing, proof reading and selecting suitable pics to go along with his words. The last chapter to have been written concerns this year's 50th anniversary run and could not, therefore, be written prior to the 2016 event. This has now been done and the book is now in final proofing with an expected publication date of around December 1st.

It will be available through Club Shop at £10 + £3.50 p7p if reqd. At 140 pages with some completely unique photos it represents the perfect stocking filler this Xmas, so don't miss out order yours as soon as poss to avoid disappointment. The cost of the book should produce a small surplus if we can sell them all which will further swell the record holding charity coffers too! Win-win eh?

Ellis did tell me earlier in the year that I've won a copy from a guess the number of competition at the club dinner last year, can't even remember what I guessed I think it may have been time of something?  I was probably a little the worse for wear at the time but it didn't cloud either my judgement or maybe perhaps just a lucky guess!

But really looking forward to getting my copy when it's published anyway.

Quoted from GT6boy
What an excellent idea! Silly question but I presume its open to non-members to purchase? I'd be happy to await the initial rush of CT members before my transaction goes through, if nescessary

The initial print run is for 1000 copies and as far as I'm concerned it's very much first come first served, member or non-member. If we sell out quickly we can always order more if it looks likely that they will sell.

Quoted from cook1e
Ellis did tell me earlier in the year that I've won a copy from a guess the number of competition at the club dinner last year, can't even remember what I guessed I think it may have been time of something?  I was probably a little the worse for wear at the time but it didn't cloud either my judgement or maybe perhaps just a lucky guess!

But really looking forward to getting my copy when it's published anyway.

You have indeed Andy... but feel free to buy additional copies.

With 4 days left before the book has to be sent to print the 'ed' team are now into final, final, proofed, revised edited final version 4.3 (no joke - you should see my inbox - no euphemism intended). I will be buying at least half a dozen copies of this riveting book - though I say it myself

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like the bribing worked out well then! Three weeks in and 15% sold - not bad. Just a quick reminder that these are available through Club Shop @ £10 + £3.50 p&p (not P & P, that's a CT Area!) shop@club.triumph.org.uk full details in the mag