Most Important News CT Autosolo 19/07/09

Roll up, roll up!

For the first time in 25 - 30 years CT is organising a timed competitive event.

CT Autosolo at Bovingdon Aerodrome, Hemel Hempstead.

Up to 40 entrants. Only open to CT members for this year, subsequent runinngs in future years the entry will be open to other car clubs.

Here is the Announcement and Entry Form (Also can be found under 'Autotests' in the competition part of this site).

http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/comps/mxcontent.cgi?pid=36

We hope many CT members enter this event, it will be great to see 40 CT cars being driven in a competitive manner against others.

This is just brilliant and deserves to be a success.

It is also a round of the Driver Challenge so well worth entering for that reason alone ;)

If you enjoyed the recent trackday at Cadwell why not give this a go too - only £45 entry fee and it's competitive 8)

Alas no, I can't make it as I am indeed rallying.

It will be our third rally - this one at Manby.

I don't know about a GT6 beating a TR7 but, to be fair, I'd probably get lost on an Autoslo without Sarah giving me the directions! :)

As you can place a GT6 or even better a Spitfire very accurately I think they would do very well.

My GT6s present 3.63:1 is bit too long legged for these events, will change for a 3.85:1, think this would be a major improvement.

So far two entrants:
1. Mike Helm: TR6
2. Tim Bancroft: GT6

Camping is not organised at pres., might be able to arrange.

Its a good point, Doug and Clive will be travelling 100 miles to get to Hemel.

We had to be careful about the venue as we are leaning on some people to provide equipment, eg the company I work for is providing traffic cones FOC, Mike Helm is providing other equipment.

I think you would enjoy the event Jon, why not come down and take part? If you enjoy it why not then think about organising a A'solo in Lancs? I'd come up to take part.

1. Mike Helm: TR6
2. Tim Bancroft: GT6
3. Clive Senior: Toledo
4. Keith Dandridge: GT6
5. Colin Wake: Spitfire Mk3

I have at least 10 members who are about to send in their entry forms, come on the rest of you. If the 10 send in their entries asap, the event is a def. goer-excellent news.

Archived