Flat caps,Mugs,tweed jackets etc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Throttle cable snaps approaching Corbridge. Miss a turn while you lash something up, then another when you get to a dealer."

When this happened, to a fellow TR7 Sprint owner in 1996, the second control was still at a Rover dealer in Corbridge and he was able to buy a throttle cable of sorts to do a better fix. Meanwhile, I succumbed to...

"You decide to check the alternator bolts and manage to snap off the rear lug. Subtract one from your next two dice rolls."

Quoted from thescrapman
Owner of the car is fast asleep on the back seat, move twice the normal number of squares until he wakes up.

Reminds me of my silly and I forgot when doing our first list of incidents for the 'game'  

'Co-driver catching up on sleep as approaching control and woke him late to look out for it.  Overshot and have to go to end of very long dual carraigeway to get back to it.'

Keep 'em, coming! 🙂

MUT

Quoted from TedTaylor
'Co-driver catching up on sleep as approaching control and woke him late to look out for it.  Overshot and have to go to end of very long dual carraigeway to get back to it.'

Co-driver stops because he's too tired, wakes you up, but doesn't inform you that there's a control approaching. SatNav doesn't either, and co-driver is fast asleep as you drive straight past and most of the way to the next one. No, we didn't turn round, we just explained to the marshals at Land's End that we were still in the run, we'd just had a communication problem about the extra stop that wasn't there the previous time I'd done the run.

Quoted from RobPearce

Co-driver stops because he's too tired, wakes you up, but doesn't inform you that there's a control approaching. SatNav doesn't either, and co-driver is fast asleep as you drive straight past and most of the way to the next one. No, we didn't turn round, we just explained to the marshals at Land's End that we were still in the run, we'd just had a communication problem about the extra stop that wasn't there the previous time I'd done the run.

That gives me an idea for a penalty - return to the previous control because you did not sign in .......... ouch!

Must think of some nice ones!

MUT

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Although, that was in the early 90's when I was about 6 or 7....

I feel old now you young man! 😀

I like the idea of photos, another thought, if you approach photographic schools. The students are more than willing to help, it's good for their portfolio especially as it's for charity, and they do a great job, and probably would only ask for food and drinks to keep them going.
Perhaps it may mean that they would need ferrying to certain points.

I was just thinking that getting a photographer out into the sticks could be difficult, and getting all the cars as they come through, plus teams would then have to pay for postage on them - not a deal breaker, but I guess some people may think twice about it in that scenario.

It'd be good to have photos as people go through the B-Roads though.

• 2 weeks later...