Flat caps,Mugs,tweed jackets etc

So its the 50th RBBR along with the traditional RBRR shirt what other "special" 50TH Anniversary merchandise would entrants like to see available in the Club Shop ...Mugs are all ready on the list ! how about a half pint glass a bit like the ones you get at beer festivals? any other ideas let us know here ...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat cap's a grand idea, don't bother with those bl**dy baseball caps that everyone wears.

I like the sunstrip idea - the CLUB TRIUMPH one could be made a little more specific for the 2016 RBRR.

A necktie would be good as well, with reference to the 2016 RBRR

Will entrants get first dibs on this stuff? Same with the RBRR book too - I'd love to have one to add to my collection when they're published and would hate to miss out. Maybe include a list of teams from the first RBRR and the 50th anniversary of it too, even if it's just a list of names, the car they use and their location? That way the book will be personal to all the people that take part.

I liked the 2012 T shirt with the motorway destination/ mileage  sign on the back, perhaps do a 60's style sign.
could they put a list of all the cars, model, reg ,colour etc that have done the RBRR  in the book, it would be interesting to know how many still survive.

steve

Quoted from Wilfrid
Not more sun visor strips please, it's hard enough to get members to display the current ones!

What about a sunstrip type thing 18" wide and 2 - 3 inches deep, and use blue with yellow letters?  
Can be used on the front usefully covering the gap between the visors, or on the back window bottom or top.

I like to show my allegiance to CT but find the present ones a bit much - reminiscent of the 'Kevin and Sharon' things that were popular in the 1980s and I hated .......

MUT

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
There was a board game called 'Race Around Britain' - if anyone can find a set it would be a good basis for it. Had questions and trivia about the places. Would be very good. Might sell well outside of the club if made to be 'accessible'.

That'll be this one then  
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race.....e:g:750AAOSwECZUotzk

If there is RBRR commemorative clothing etc for crews could  that be made available to marshals too please.

Yes I am being selfish here but Phil Charlton did a great job at Carter Bar last time by all accounts  so it would be good if us marshals got a chance too

Yes Steve, that's the one - was a half decent game. Although, that was in the early 90's when I was about 6 or 7... But as a principle of how the game could work, I think it could be a good basis for RBRR.

Not sure how much it would cost to get a custom board game made up for around 100 sets or so... a lot would be my guess.

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Yes Steve, that's the one - was a half decent game. Although, that was in the early 90's when I was about 6 or 7... But as a principle of how the game could work, I think it could be a good basis for RBRR.

Not sure how much it would cost to get a custom board game made up for around 100 sets or so... a lot would be my guess.

I wonder if there would be much interest in RBRR top trumps card game, might not be as expensive to produce.

Quoted from Raider
If there is RBRR commemorative clothing etc for crews could  that be made available to marshals too please.

Yes I am being selfish here but Phil Charlton did a great job at Carter Bar last time by all accounts  so it would be good if us marshals got a chance too

Does Phil want a commemorative wet suit then?