Flat caps,Mugs,tweed jackets etc

Watching Grandson playing with daughter this afternoon I may have come up with something of a game - but then I may not.  You have to be careful not to encroach on other games copyright.

Involves planning, luck, having a laff, helping others ....... and doing the sh*t on people to beat them!  All around the RBRR concept apart from the bit about doing the sh* on people 😀

MUT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about arranging for there to be professional photographers at some of the venues to take good photos of the cars as the arrive and maybe at some of them, the teams mingling around etc. £5 for a framed photo embossed with something like 'Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run 2016' and the club laurels on the frame?

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
How about arranging for there to be professional photographers at some of the venues to take good photos of the cars as the arrive and maybe at some of them, the teams mingling around etc. £5 for a framed photo embossed with something like 'Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run 2016' and the club laurels on the frame?

I like that idea, would raise a bit more cash for charity

That's what I was thinking.

It'd be easy enough to get a photographer to the start, and possibly end of the event, maybe Stirling too? Land End... you may get one from Penzance, but I think JOG would be hard to find someone willing to go there.

I did mean that the proceeds would go to the charity.

I'd happily pay a bit for a good 'action' photo on the event, even if it's just leaving the start line. Then the photographer could be set up at the end at Knebworth for the crews to look at the photos and choose to buy one. Then like a lot of these things, the crews could choose individual photos, or a CD of them all etc.

Magic photos .com do quite a lot of Triumph events as it's run by Triumph people... Had some nice action shots of my GT6 from them at a couple of the Prescott Triumph Marque Days, they were selling CDs of photo sets for each car pretty cheaply.

I reckon you could do a deal with them, where a % of the proceeds go to the charity.

Quoted from thescrapman

Aaarrgghhhh, it has a white nose

Better than a red nose now that Christmas is over ....... 🤔

Someone taking photos at JOG or LE would be good - or waiting there to take photos of people with their own cameras (for a small fee for the charity).  We were lucky last time to find the odd member of Joe Public who kindly took photos using our camera - one an American lady at JOG who was astonished that we were having breakfast the next day at LE !

MUT

Quoted from Wilfrid
You need to get somebody to proof read the thing - too many errors - Gordarno - ugh!

Fair enough shall I send it to you for proof reading?   sorry please let me know the errors and I shall correct

Best check out the twitter feed "prep top tips" will be posted to help new and old entrants alick..sorry alike
https://twitter.com/ctrbrr

Quoted from Steve28
    An RBRR board game would be good

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

Getting past `Go` might be difficult for some

Yes, that's built into the one I am trying to knock up ........!   Fun in the Plough car part before the start, or like Gordon and I breaking down after a mile!

MUT

Quoted from TedTaylor
Yes, that's built into the one I am trying to knock up ........!   Fun in the Plough car part before the start, or like Gordon and I breaking down after a mile!

What about your co-driver's train not stopping at Crews Hill station?  (Yes, that did happen to me one year. We were the last car out as a result)

Quoted from RobPearce

What about your co-driver's train not stopping at Crews Hill station?  (Yes, that did happen to me one year. We were the last car out as a result)

Now that's a another good one to include for the start.  

At our Wydean meeting on Tuesday we were thinking of lots of incidents that have happened, to give penalty or bonus moves on the board and came up with a lot but want lots more ....... so please send any to ted.taylor@bigfoot.com  Doesn't matter if they are duplicates.

We have knocked together the basis of the game.

MUT