[quote by=beans link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160639682,s=25 date=1161635550]

Real top quality Dutch  product ....  ::)
Shame Maurice Gatsonides didn't use his knowledge in inventing something more usefull. Make nice torches though, it seems  ;D[/quote]

I saw a Clarkson programme once, and the Dutch have a really 'destructive' anit-Gatso campaign.
They wreck the cameras...good stuff!

Doug. I work in a magistrates court and the registered keeper will be fined for not providing the name of the driver at the time of the offence. It is up to the keeper to be aware at all times....... Hope this may help. give it the works re a charity do it may help. Malc.

Doug is not refusing to provide the name of the driver, he is providing 2 names, he just can not say which one of the 2 is driving, but can say for sure it was one or the other. Is that not different?

Otherwise he may just as well say he was driving, even if he wasn't, because there is no way he can be innocent in this case in the eyes of the law.

Colin

The law's an ass so it will either pin it on the registered keeper or give you both a ticket! It doesn't have to be fair :-(

Now where's that web site where you can ask a bloke with a metal cutter to cut the speed camera down for you?

Doug,

The junction at Ballinluig had speed cameras put in position after this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1258862.stm

It's one of the worst junctions for fatal accidents in Britain.

Down to poor design of the junction and rather than fix it, they dropped the speed limit and put in speed cameras on both directions.

I think there are plans to change the junction but that'll take a few years yet, no doubt.

The speed cameras on the A9 are only between Perth and the Highland Council boundary, although Highland Constabulary have two white vans fitted with speed cameras that are operated from lay-bys on the remaining length, in addition to the usual hand-held devices.

Bad luck Doug.

It couldn't happen to a nicer Englishman :X  God that was hard to write - an Englishman! :P

McJim.

Good luck with the claim- I doubt it'll work they want your money and your English.

Always amazed that we only ever get one or two speeding tickets amongst the entry.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the EU ruling- nothing I bet!

I see there is a cheap version of the SPEC camera about to hit the roads soon- marvellous stuff eh! Its called The Spike camera and is an average speed camera, these cost around £20K wheras a SPEC costs £200K- shameful, still cheaper than employing and training a Copper who can use judgement and discretion.
Motoring in the UK - ain't it fun!

I also read this week that the Northamptonshire Police have the worse crime clearance record in the UK, is this because they spend so much time on entrapping motorists?

Thank the Lord for Road Angels.

Australia seems mighty attractive as a place to live to me nowadays.

AJP: When are you delivering the Shed back to me?

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160639682,s=35 date=1161727812]
Australia seems mighty attractive as a place to live to me nowadays.
[/quote]

It's harder to get away with spirited driving here in my experience.
Speed limits are marginally lower, and although there are few fixed cameras around those that are have big signs warning you ... however, they're easy to figure, it's the bastards hiding in hedges who are out to get you - there's no anti-entrapment legislation as far as I can see.

The smaller towns police forces see speeding fines as a legitimate revenue collection and can get you in either direction - I was pinged on this 40km stretch of almost straight road, miles from the nearest house, when a copper came around the only bend on the road.

Plus, because the kids drive around in V8s the papers have us believe that half of them are decapitated because "Every K Over Is A Killer" ... absolutely no recognition that anything other than speeding is dangerous.

[quote by=davesideways link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160639682,s=37 date=1161737298]
I might invest in a road angel if I did more miles, its getting tricky out there especially in new areas I drive, it makes me stressed having to drive with alot of my concentration taken by scanning the furthest point I can see... retaining a clean license and my honourable status is all I wish for.

[/quote]

Dave

I would thoroughly recommend a Road Angel. We used one primarily as a speedo on teh RBRR, and for that it was excellent. Apart from when teh ambulance went past, which I still can not understand.

And it had the added Bonus of flashing if we were exceeding the speed limit in teh vicinity of a camera site.

We had the 'Plus' version. It has an LED on the front above the display.

Cheers

Colin

[quote by=Alex link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160639682,s=43 date=1161807505]Gwaredd shame you didnt use it, or your road angel when you picked up your 3 points eh! ;)[/quote]

Hey! I was proud of those points. Getting a peugeot 205 diesel van with 59 bhp to 89mph is no easy feat!

Archived