• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tim,

I too have spotted something - car 85, you've got my number down as RUM 702J but it's actually RVM.

Although, come to think of it, I prefer your version. Especially seeing as I have a glass of rum & coke to the side of me right now........... mmmmm, rum!

Hi Tim,
Unfortunately my "Stag saloon", Janey, will not after all be ready in time for this year's Round Britain Reliability Run. I was really looking forward to driving her again, but I guess I'l just have to wait until next year now. Sigh. So we'll have to use the good old "temporary stop gap till I get one of the others going" (Andy Roberts, Feb 2001) 2500 PI GHX 273N in which we have completed the last 2 runs.

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=153 date=1155497394]Phil,

Yep, thank you.

How's the car?

Tim[/quote]

Hi Tim,

Phils car is fine now - well done Phil on getting it all sorted this weekend - what a car! Despite trying to burn his house down this weekend the spittie is well  :P

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=147 date=1154974016]Erm.  That didn't come out quite right, did it? :-/
[/quote]

Er, no. It didn't....

And by the way, does anyone know where I can hire a claymore for the weekend, and if Chris Witor offers a caber-mounting kit for the front of a 2000?  ;)

[quote by=spitty71 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=157 date=1155509068]

Hi Tim,

Phils car is fine now - well done Phil on getting it all sorted this weekend - what a car! Despite trying to burn his house down this weekend the spittie is well  :P
[/quote]

Ste - that was meant to be a secret :'( oooops - lesson learnt!

Car is fine now cheers Tim, had to change a halfshaft over, as the Le Mans blast destroyed a wheel bearing. Just a few little jobs left. Still havent decided whether to go hard top or soft top - the blast of cool air we got when dropping the top on the HCR was the best pick me up!

Quote:
Can I call a halt to this un-ending "Scottish Bashing" thread?

Aw, we can't have that, Alan. :'(

It gives us Scots the opportunity to show our superiority to those poor folk south of the border for whom an open road is the hundred yards from one speed camera to the next! ;)

Seriously though - who me? - it's all good natured banter and us West of Scotland Scots, with the dry wit, can't resist the temptation to wind them up every chance we get. ;D

But then I discovered that folk from the North of England, i.e. anywhere north of Watford, also share this dry wit.

It must have something to do with keeping old cars on the road and the black humour that you need to get you through from disaster to the next.

Anyway, they're dead easy to wind up. :K)

So, this is why I'll be in disguise at the control I'm manning on the Round Britain Reliability Run in October.

Being so far north means that few Club Triumph members know what I look like, so I keep them guessing.

So, we'll see if it works.

Mc(Lord Lucan)Jim.

Quite right, Doug.

I was thinking of sending away for an "I love MG's" woolly jumper, just to be really offensive.

I thought, fake beard, beige socks, Jesus sandals, a pipe and cherry-red lip gloss just to finish off the effect.

A guy in a nurse's outfit, stockings and suspenders is so passe these days.  Don't you think, Petal?

Mind you, it's okay for just relaxing around the house with other fellow MG enthusiasts. ;)

Is it just me or has this forum got a little bizarre lately?

McJim.

Oh dear.

Things must have gotten dull while I've been away. :'(

Well - I'm back!

So what thread is this?

Oh yes. 

And Tim, just to let you know that the Forth Road Bridge is shut at the beginning of October for cable repairs.

Right now, Tim is standing in a pool of his own sweat! :P

McJim.

Oh, an arrow through the heart, Mr Beans. :P

And by the way, there's the threat of a national cross channel ferry strike that will no doubt cause the Channel Tunnel to become choked with traffic round about the beginning of October too.

That'll sort you out. ;)

So, another one for my little black book then.

I'll be seeing you soon then, in person.

Or maybe not, if that ferry strike comes off. ;D

McJim.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=171 date=1155757625]Oh, an arrow through the heart, Mr Beans. :P

And by the way, there's the threat of a national cross channel ferry strike that will no doubt cause the Channel Tunnel to become choked with traffic round about the beginning of October too.

That'll sort you out. ;)

So, another one for my little black book then.

I'll be seeing you soon then, in person.

Or maybe not, if that ferry strike comes off. ;D

McJim.[/quote]

I've heard the canal is only 22 miles wide. My GT6 can do that distance easy in true Dukes of Hazzard style! Yeeeehaaa!! Not sure if it survives the landing in Dover though..  ;)

Archived