• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote:
TR7 owners are thrusting go getters

Trust me, Raider - your thrusting days are over! ;)

If you were a thrusting go-getter, by the time you had thrusted your way there, you'd have forgotten what you were coming for! ;D

A bit of mixed metaphors there, by Jiminey!

And my black book, Dave, has a varying amount of marks against certain names.

And these would be black marks because I don't go around thrusting all day, unlike some!

Even more mixed metaphors.

It must be an education to read my beautiful prose wot I have writ on this here forum.

McJim.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=177 date=1155817435]
And these would be black marks because I don't go around thrusting all day, unlike some! [/quote]

We know - you prefer groping mouses, as we saw in the photographic evidence  8) I'm assuming that mouse-groping is less strenuous during the course of a full day than thrusting??

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=177 date=1155817435]It must be an education to read my beautiful prose wot I have writ on this here forum.[/quote]

Oh it is. Will you perchance be [s]ripping-off [/s] emulating Morecambe & Wise and publishing it all in one handy-to-carry book wot you wrote?  ;D

Quote:
We know - you prefer groping mouses

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

And yes, Eric and Ernie and their writer Eddie Braben were a major influence in my earlier years.

"What do you think of it so far?"  "Rubbish!"

Mind you, Elmer Fudd was also an even earlier influence.

"I'll get you, you wascally wabbit!"

Quite what this has to do with the RBRR is beyond me but you can find out, in person, at the Conon Bridge control when I will deny everything saying I was acting under the influence of drink or drugs or under duress or is that a dress?

As Eric would say, "She's a funny fella!"

McJim.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=179 date=1155828802]

Quite what this has to do with the RBRR is beyond me but you can find out, in person, at the Conon Bridge control.....

[/quote]

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but it's really making me look forward to the event even more. Even if it is only for the comedy value.  ::)
I'm just concentrating on actually doing the event at the moment, rather than the amount of work that I've got to do beforehand......  :o

See you at Conon Bridge, passport & travel visa at the ready

[quote by=Dave2000 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=180 date=1155829755]
See you at Conon Bridge, passport & travel visa at the ready[/quote]

Oh dear, it's like making a pact with the devil ... he's a terrible influence is McJim: First you meet him on the forum, then you meet him on the RBRR. Before you know it you're sent to live on t'other side of the world typing occasionally in Yorkshire dialect to reminisce about the "Old Country", having had your first Triumph 'liberated' and moved north to the "Auld Country", by the very same man who in full Scotlandish manner pays in instalments! ;D It's a slippery slope alright.

.. just a warning  ;)

Quote:
the very same man who in full Scotlandish manner pays in instalments!

And only 1,258 more instalments of a few bawbees a month and she'll be mine, all mine!
Quote:
Once bitten, twice shy

Yeah, sorry about that Tim and I was even sorrier when you had to have all those injections too.  A shame you couldn't sit down in the GT6 for over a month but that part of your anatomy looked too tempting to a hungry Scotsman, who's vision was blurred through drink!

It's a good job that I sobered up enough to warn you about the prevalence of rabies in Scotland.

And that's something to consider when you get out for a road-side pee in Scotland.

One midge bite and you'll be suffering from the effects of hydrophobia by the time you reach Land's End. ;)

And another thing, we've just had someone croak from anthrax up here - no kiddin' - no really - no kiddin'!

So leave the sheep alone please.  The may look cute to your sleep-deprived eyes, but trust me, Dolly the sheep was an experiment too far!

And another thing, we Scots are noted for our hospitality to peoples from all nations - except England! :P

If you want an example, try stealing a chip from a Scotsman's fish supper on the Saturday night.

You will, no doubt, be introduced to that quaint old Scottish custom, the Glasgow Kiss! :o

So, a bit of advice, stay away from the locals and the rest of the wildlife up here too.

Right, I've just about finished but I look forward to seeing you all at the Conon Bridge control on the RBRR, so named because Conan the Barbarian built the bridge on his way back to the Steppes of Asia.

Honestly, half the lies I tell aren't true. ;)

McJim.

Doctors??!!!

I've had enough of doctors!

Laughter is the best medicine and to love life and it'll love you back.

Really?

What bo**ocks!

I just love to wind you guys up or let you think that I survive on a different plane or on chemical substances. ;)

Chemical substances, hmmm.  Sounds interesting.

Anyone up for porridge?

McJim.

Right back to a serious couple of points:

Remember Entrants, that the Club offers a full refund to any crew that withdraws between the 31st on this month. A week on Thursday.

Can I again ask for any entrant revision details when they happen- on the day of the Drivers Meeting or even worst on the start day will be a major pain.

When signing in at the start please note that we will need signatures for all the crew- no skulking around in the car park then.....

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1115141936,s=273 date=1150578007]Right, that's another name in the wee tartan book[/quote]

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=171 date=1155757625]So, another one for my little black book then [/quote]

You must have a library full off little books in different colours/tartans by now.
I hope you've lost the one(s) with my name in by the time the RBRR starts ;D

Well since the Run will be my first trip to Scotland it's nice to see not being Englisn I will be welcome.  Tried Porridge for the first time in Ireland last year.  Overhere well call it Oatmeal!  I assume though you don't have the Quaker Brand.  Let's see: Oatmeal and Beer! Now that's a breakfast!  :o

Current entry is at 104- still expecting some withdrawals.

Car types as follows:

2000 range:30  (13 of these are Pi cars)
Spitfire range: 18 (10 are 1500)
Dolomite range:11 (5 Sprints)
GT6 range: 10 (4 Mk1s- !!)
TR7 range: 7 (2 V8s- one with a 4.0L TVR engine- fastest car?)
Herald range:7 ( 2 13/60 estates- no Coupes!)
TR chassis range: 6 ( Why not more?)
Stag range:5 (Andy Roberts Del Lines Stag has been withdrawn)
Vitesse range:5 ( 1 Ex-works Rally car)
Acclaim range: 3 (Will Ashley use some oil?)
Toledo range: 2 (Blimey, Dave Kent's ex Toledo is entered!)

Looking at these, most of the above stats are similar to previous years, the only changes being the increase of Spitfires and GT6 cars being used. Dolomite cars are usually 20% of the entry- now at 12.5% Big saloons are more or less 30%- this is always the case.

5 estate cars, 1 car without any weather protection, most popular colour- either red or blue (21 each).

Of the 104, some 18no. are having major works done to them- at least 6 are having full re-builds completed. The others range from suspension re-builds to having major engine work done- its frightening stuff eh!

The oldest car is either Robin Upton's Herald or Mike Sloan's TR4 -1961
The newest car is Kevin Rochefort's Acclaim- 1984
Most powerful- Stephen Lawes TR7 V8- all 4000cc. Possibly the fastest being Chris Gray's Spitfire with a Rover V8- let's hope the car makes the start after the Metro hit it.

All entrants will get the chance to vote for their car of the event- its gonna be difficult.

Tim, thats Jessica Brake's Herald (Robin is the co-driver).

Ps she got the engine running last night, after a quickie tear-down and re-build. Now for the MOT. The engine was sitting on our kitchen table for three weeks (good job her mother was understanding).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived