Right back on thread.

James C is doing marvels with the sponsor forms- really good design.

The route is under some serious discussion at pres. We do hope to be able to increase the mileage, however as Nigel and Derek had designed the route so well it is proving to be a difficult to add some on.

Once the entry opens and the new RBRR website opens, I have to start approaching all the establishments we visit- mega job!
The new website will have regular news updates, however one thing I would like is for all crews to send a good representative pic. of their car and a good write up on the vehicle.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like there'll be TWO red Mk 3's lining up for the start, James. After much soul-searching I've decided that the respray will NOT be in the original Saffron, but in Signal Red... I was inspired in part by the pic on your sig, so blame yourself!

Jon - nice choice - there are far too many red Mk3s - but I think it's the best colour! Either that or white...

Have you made sure you like signal? It's a bit orange for me - which is why I decided on the Italian red. Looks a bit darker in our British winters - but in the summer it's really nice and vivid red (not too bright though!) - where as the signal ends up looking orange in the summer but reasonably bright in the winter.

Not intentional - I intend to put the TRIUMPH back on the front when I paint it all (if I have the guts) - and the rear is only missing because I still needed to polish the bootlid before putting the badges on!

The whole car is being painted again anyway...

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys,,,,,  have been slogging through this thread and now intruiged,,,,,  when is it ??? assume I will join anyway,,, and where do I get entry forms,,,

would love to attend in Molley,, my gt6,,,,,,, although,, it will be more like 3000miles as I would need to treck from glasgow to london for start and then treck home ?

cheers
scott..

It's next year in October.

Entry forms are in the club magazine - should be coming through members letter boxes any time soon!

There are plenty of entrants who come a long way to the start - so you wouldn't be alone. Adds a couple of nights to the adventure.

It will be the first week end in October

Entry forms will be in the next issue of the Club's magazine, Club Torque due out anytime now.

One of the crew will have to be a member of Club Triumph which is how you get the magazine and entry form! You can join on line.

I know what you mean about driving to London before starting back north again - at least I am "only" in northern England.

Having said that, I wouldn't have it any other way because tradition is important to me anywayt, the RBRR start has always been north London and so it should stay that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Finding a co-driver won't be a problem for me if I enter. Brian seems up for it. Come October the only real problem will be which car to use! Choice between Becky and Brian's Herald 13/60 covertible. I might even have the Toledo or Baby Blue road legal!

Decisions, decisions...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived