XPL may not quite be ready for the RBRR... Barry's still hunting bits of metal to bolt the suspension to! Maybe it will make it's distance debut another time. It is likely now we will be doing the RBRR in Paddington, but not until we have replaced the leaking (brand new) brake master cylinder and the sagging front seats.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get desperate for some front seats- remember I have some red vinyl mk1 jobbies sitting doing nothing- you are welcome to borrow them- I also have some brown Dolly Sprint ones. Obviously a logistics problem- but that could be sorted I am sure- thinking about it I am in Barnoldswick on Sat as doing the Kirkby Lonsdale 'Devils Own' autotest with Martin on Sunday- could bring with me.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind, although we've been offered some cloth ones as well, with even bigger logistical nightmares! I'll be back in touch ASAP, although we're in Southport this weekend for Woodvale, children and camping permitting... I'm sure Martin could be persuaded to store them for a week?!

I have a dolly sprint recliner, but i think these are too big. From talking to James C., i think either the lesser Dolomite seats and Spit/GT6 seats would fit.

Howabout contacting a Spit breaker: GB Sportscars (Leighton Buzzrd) Wins and Co(East Grinstead) or Spitbits (Reading).

I do think it is essential to have a recliner as a passenger seat- so much better for good sleep!

Some of the more astute of you may see that I've changed my name to Judith Farmer in Car No. 10 with Tim.

Actually, the truth is that I've had to pull out because I'm still not fit enough to do the event.

Still need between 10 to 12 hours of sleep a day, which means that Tim and I would have left the road just north of Inverness as I headed off into the land of Nod.

However, fear not fellow Forum readers and participants of the RBRR.

You can still tell your grandchildren that you met the famous McJim manning the odd control on the 2006 RBRR just like it was yesterday.

So, McJim is absolutely gutted at not going round Britain with Tim and Tim is absolutely ecstatic that his beloved GT6 is not about to become a permanent feature of the Scottish countryside.

And, Raider, no more "Scotlandshire" remarks or you'll get more than your card marked on your way through this green and pleasant land! :P

McJim.

Reckon he will be dressed up in some sort of Braveheart attire- god help us all!

Gotta be said I am disappointed that McJim will not be with me on the RBRR- I was looking forward to seeing what it was like to be in his company when he's quiet (Iwould have been careful not too blink and miss this rare occurence).

I have invited Jim to co-drive on next year's 10CR. I know a totally stupid thing to do- 5 days in his company- gawd!
The other thing of course is that we hope the Greeks man will be coming over for this one- it will get slightly surreal when Greeks and McJim get talking- who knows where the conversation will go! A couple of belgian blond beers and look out world!

I resent this, I think  ??)
McJim and I can't understand each other's accents (well I don't actually have an accent, it's just him) ... and my ability to wear shorts and a flat cap scare him we'll have to bring keyboards with us.

Just so you know McJim, the flat cap is well and was last seen up a mountain in Tasmania.  ::)

Well Ella has certainly got you cleaned up well!

You even look as though you've lost weight.

Should have checked to see if she was a good cook before popping the question Mr R!

I'm looking forward to setting Europe alight.

As long as I can read the pace notes up the Stelvio.

Yes Tim.  There will be pace notes - and no fannying about either!

And Raider - here's a taster for that "odd" control - a picture of me relaxing at home. ;)

That should cause a few nightmares.

McJim

You can run but you can still hear me!

As far as mouse-groping goes, I assume it must be because it gets dark early in Jockland-cestershire and you clearly have to make your own entertainment.......  ;D

Moving sligthly off the current theme, I just checked the latest Entrants' List (from 2/8/06) and it says details are still required for my "new" car (which is odd, because I thought I'd emailed you those already, Tim?)
Anyhoo, I've progressed from a 1970 Mk.2 2000 onto a 1971 Mk. 2 2000, delightfully finished in Saffron, reg no. RVM 702J
It's a one-owner from new job, rebuilt in 1990 at about 100,000 miles and has done 8,000 miles more since then. Or at least it had until I got my greasy paws on it a couple of months ago  ;) Methinks the RBRR will wake it up nicely.......or kill it!!  ::)

What do you mean, Jockland?

It's you lot that we have to put up with and take care of!

The three most powerful men in Government are all Scots.

John Reid - Home Secretary.
Gordon Brown - Chancellor.
And for those of you who don't know -
Tony Blair - Prime Minister and born in Scotland despite the plummy voice!

Honestly, if it wasn't for us Scots, you folk from Englandshire would have been down the Swanney years ago.

Just as well that we've got all that oil to prop up your English economy! ;)

The sooner we dump you free-loaders, the better! :P

I will be available to discuss these views, in person, coming soon to a control near you, on the 2006 RBRR.

By the way, in case it gets ugly, I'll be bringing the clans with me!

"Oh Flower of Scotland ........"

McJim.

[quote by=Raider link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=145 date=1154798622]Crikey, you've got his back up now Dave.[/quote]

Than it has all been worthwhile...... ;D

In fact, considering it was only one comment, that's got to be something of a record, even for me!!
Can we have a go at the Welsh next, please?

Right then!

That's car No. 85 added to the list of folk that will be stopped at the border at Carter Bar.

We Scots have to keep the lager-drinking riff-raff out of our halcyon hills and glens.

And Raider, I don't know where the goal post went but my Dad's got a lovely lawn.

And, you're another that has been declared "persona non grata" as far as Scotland goes.

Your visa request has been refused after your Scotlandshire remarks.

It's about time we Scots came over the border once again for some pillage and rape and a few sheep as well!

Erm.  That didn't come out quite right, did it? :-/

McJim.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=147 date=1154974016] ... and rape ... a few sheep as well![/quote]

Shouldn't that be on another thread  :P
Oops ... there goes my visa request for the Scotish part of the RBRR  :X

Quote:
By the way, in case it gets ugly, I'll be bringing the clans with me!

Maybe we should come with 't Kreng now. Better chance off outrunning the ferocious clans if the need arises  ;D as long as nothing falls of that is ::)

Archived