187 wrote:
Thanks Tim,
                   I have just noticed mention of an entry fee, how much is the fee?

last time it was £60 per person so £120 for crew of two...i think ...but as with most things it may have gone up but it'll be on the entry form when it comes out

To quote from a recent email from Tim Bancroft

Quote:
Date of the RBRR is Friday 01/10/10 to Sunday 03/10/10.

As you took part last time you may be thinking of taking part again in 2010. Entry opens with the publication of the Novemeber issue of Club Triumph's bi-monthly magazine 'Club Torque', which is due on approximately the 15th November.

From talking to CT members, reading the Club's active forum and thinking back to last time, it looks like the places will be taken up very quickly. The purpose of this e-mail is to warn everyone about this to ensure all that wish to take part will get a place. 100no. entry places will be available, 10 of these will be reserved for foreign crews who will not get their mag. as quickly as the Brits.

We were thinking about opening the entry in January 2010, however thinking about Xmas and also the clash with the opening of entry for the Club's Historic Counties Run, we decided to stick with the traditional November opening.

Thanks, Kevin.

I sent that e-mail out yesterday to all of the 2008 entrants (Principal Entrant only), irrespective of finishing or not.

Apols about the price rise, few increased costs to deal with-only a fiver per entrant-not bad considering the entry cost has been the same for at least the last 2 RBRRs.

ferny wrote:
At least we get warning that there won't be any this time!

Clive, you bring the burners and I'll bring the bacon and rolls. ;D

Thinking of that already. Have cooker will travel. Only managed to knock up 4 bacon rolls yesterday, and refill flasks. Yep, not even a fresh cuppa. Still, a very busy day (the toledo beat ALL the 4 of the competing MG's ;D)

If I read Tim's EMail and understood it, due to last years problem we will have a full meal somewhere else.  If not Cliffy, I will stay close to you as you know what I like for Brakefast!  The extra few pounds is for a better flor show next time.  Maby the two chubby's will have food Atlas?

I know that Tim is bound to have something special up his sleeve. A nice bacon sandwich is always welcome. Ideally several of them, plenty of ketchup and a nice cuppa. Perrrrfect. :)
Must say the cakes at pimperene were an absolute delight :) so maybe missing breakfast was a blessing in disguise

Archived