• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us round tails gotta stick together. But seriously my heart sank and the excitement I could see I was missing out on last time. I've been sat in the back ground for so long dreaming of my perfect Spitfire that I've missed the reason for building it in the first place. Driving it!!!! Cant wait.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Cookie,
                    Will be good to see you again. Will you be at the drivers meeting??? I think it would be good for your son to have both of the people he can look up to on the same photo(yourself and I). As for the super star footballer, I think he deserves his own photo as that is some amazing achievements he has managed. Thank god for Google. Ha Ha.

Chris.  

Not sure about whether I'm able to be at the drivers meeting yet Chris. I've got my Kids that weekend, I'll have to try and persuade my ex to have them for the day but I've already got her looking after the Kids a couple of days earlier than scheduled later in the week so I don't have them on the Friday and Saturday morning of the run. I'll certainly catch up with you and Zoe at the Plough before the start though, hope to be there reasonably early to chill out rather than rushing around the M25 in rush hour to get there.

Agree'd on getting there early, I think we will arrive a day early and leave a day later. Travelling from Scotland down was never going to be nice on the endurance side of things but I think 24hrs should be enough recovery.

Last night while talking to the wife on the phone, I think it actually hit her that this RBRR is going ahead for Car 112 and shes went quite sheepish!!! She said she wanted to do this with me and now she will be. Ha Ha.

She says she isn't organizing things till the car is mot'd and officially on the road. I think both of use were embarrassed for not making it last time.

Can't wait I just hope I get time and have enough cash to make sure everything is properly sorted on the car.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting everyone properly. I've only every spoke to people in passing at the Edinburgh airport check point.

All the help, opinions and kind encouraging words I've received though this journey can now be thanked for in person.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Chris.

• 1 month later...

1555 wrote:
and dont forget your passport folks,,,scoooooootland could be independent country................. :P

Carter Bar will be manned by a rather large `Border guard`(Philip Charlton) and will not allow any one into Scotland before the allotted time ....and will confiscate any alcohol being transported into a foreign country without duty............. ;)

michael_charlton wrote:

Carter Bar will be manned by a rather large `Border guard`(Philip Charlton) and will not allow any one into Scotland before the allotted time ....and will confiscate any alcohol being transported into a foreign country without duty............. ;)

Whoooo Hoooo - I can get rid of that bloody crate of Lambrini I was going to give to that miserable f**king Jock.  :P

(We'll miss you Jim, I know you are still reading this)

Thought I was stuck with it for life.

Phil can donate it to all the Scots who will want to drown their sorrows after loosing the referendum.

He can tell them its the new improved "Salmondised" Special Brew.  :)

thescrapman wrote:

Whoooo Hoooo - I can get rid of that bloody crate of Lambrini I was going to give to that miserable f**king Jock.  :P

(We'll miss you Jim, I know you are still reading this)

Thought I was stuck with it for life.

Phil can donate it to all the Scots who will want to drown their sorrows after loosing the referendum.

He can tell them its the new improved "Salmondised" Special Brew.  :)

More like selling it off as antifreeze......I saw Philip printing some similar labels the other night,....
Sorry...being a Yorkshireman did I say selling it off

michael_charlton wrote:

More like selling it off as antifreeze......I saw Philip printing some similar labels the other night,....
Sorry...being a Yorkshireman did I say selling it off

Anti-freeze, good idea, we may well need that to counteract the frosty reception we get from the Scotishers after the independance vote. Will be frosty whcih ever way it goes I suspect!