Remember the RBRR launch at the NEC, with Fuzz Townsend of Car SOS on the Club stand?
Well ,we have finally received an entry from The Car SOS team,who will be participating in this years prestigious flagship event.
The team will be in a 1500 Spitfire, which we hope will be a part of one of their TV programmes
Hopefully we will be entertaining an another on board magazine reporter to cover the whole event as well.
Lets hope they are successful in the event

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michael_charlton wrote:

No.....pedal car, one seat......as no one would want to travel 2k miles with some one blurting every five minutes " Oh no, what have I done" ...."Oh my god there`s something wrong" ;D

;D ;D ;D

michael_charlton wrote:
TV presenter/car restorer/ National Geographic on Sky, former ed of Practical Classics

and a very fine professional drummer as well. Formally of Pop Will Eat Itself/Bentley Rhythm Ace/The Wonderstuff, i think he's currently with The Beat.

I'm amazed how he manages to fit it all in!

I managed to find a few episodes of Car SOS online and have been watching them, it's OK, not too staged and not one of those open cheque book restoration shows. It's nice to see some serious anorak moments like how to do cold metal stitching (well almost) but not too much so there's still enough to keep most interested. I think Fuzz would be an asset on the RBRR although I get the impression our cars might be a bit young for his ideal ride :-)
I don't have any Pop Will Eat Itself, maybe one Wonder Stuff track but I do have most of what Bentley Rhythm Ace produced.

• 2 weeks later...

michael_charlton wrote:
Remember the RBRR launch at the NEC, with Fuzz Townsend of Car SOS on the Club stand?
Well ,we have finally received an entry from The Car SOS team,who will be participating in this years prestigious flagship event.
The team will be in a 1500 Spitfire, which we hope will be a part of one of their TV programmes
Hopefully we will be entertaining an another on board magazine reporter to cover the whole event as well.
Lets hope they are successful in the event

Hi Mike,

I'll be doing some sort of write up for Classics Monthly again, similar to the 10CR spread from last year :)

Cheers,
Matt

• 2 weeks later...

At current time, we have place for 11 more entries on the RBRR.

We have one or two regulars who have not entered as yet, so space is available.

We are holding a RBRR Organisational Meeting today, so will be publishing a 'latest news' email this weekend. Suffice to say, all going well.