michael_charlton wrote:

Carter Bar will be manned by a rather large `Border guard`(Philip Charlton) and will not allow any one into Scotland before the allotted time ....and will confiscate any alcohol being transported into a foreign country...............

and be drinking it himself  :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well the celebrity entry didn't make it and the best reason I've had from people is that he gave up and couldn't be bothered to go the other half of the run and finished at Tebay???? No car failure? Apparently he has filming near Tebay and it would save him the journey!!!! Some said maybe his co driver had had enough, but does anyone know the real reason??? I'm shocked he didn't make it as I'm sure people would have helped if anything did go wrong.

SO WHAT HAPPENED??????

Fuzz Townshend.

Can't speak of his co-driver but when he left Tebay he told me that he was filming locally the next day. I did hear they had problems and what not but we can't read between the lines or make assumptions about why someone (anyone) retired. He said he'd be entering again.