We have just finished the Road Book. Many thanks to Nigel Abdullah for carrying out this difficult task. He drove the whole of the route back in 1992 and has modified the route every time we have changed parts of it. This of course means that the new section has to be driven, we drove the new southern part back in Feb. Also of course we have to have marshals at each of the stops and as can be seen some of them have to be manned in the middle of the night, so many thanks to them.

I would strongly recommend any Triumph enthusiast who is in the Herts/North London area on the friday evening to pop into the Plough as to see 85 cars set of will be quite something.

As a preview for crews and spectators, below is a list of the control stops and the times that crews can obtain their signatures, for proof of visitation.

2004 ROUTE

Start
The Plough, Crews Hill, Enfield 19.00 Fri 1/10/04
Blyth Services ETA (Earliest Time of Arrival)22.06, LTA (Latest Time of Arrival)23.06
Corbridge ETA 00.44 Sat 2/10/04, LTA 01.44
Edinburgh Airport ETA 03.02, LTA 04.02
Perth Services ETA 04.12, LTA 05.12
John O'Groats ETA 09.07, LTA 10.07
Conon Hotel, Conon Bridge ETA 13.37, LTA 14.37
Morrisons Garage, Stirling ETA 18.01. LTA 19.01
Oswestry Services, Oswestry, ETA 23.43, LTA 00.43
Gordano Services, M5 Bristol ETA 02.21 Sun 03/10/04, LTA 03.21
Land's End Hotel ETA 07.23, LTA 08.23
Dartmoor Lodge Hotel, Ashburton ETA 11.48, LTA 12.48
Avon Heath Country Park, St Leonards, Nr Ringwood ETA 15.07, LTA 16.07
Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, Chichester ETA 16.30, LTA 17.30
The Finish: The Plough, Crews Hill, ETA 18.58, LTA 19.58

Mileage approx. 1950

Thats it, a piece of cake really!

At the drivers meetings in Sept, the fully detailed road book will be issued.

Any one browsing this site, if you feel that you wish to make a donation to the Charity we are benefiting, Children with Leukaemia, please send a cheque (Marked 'Club Triumph Charity Account) to me, Tim Bancroft, 42 Greenlands Road, Staines Middlesex. TW18 4LR. We desperately want to raise at least £50,000!

In all modesty the RBRR is turning into a must see or do Triumph Event, what brilliant foresight Derek Pollock and the Late Les Mills had when they came up with the idea back in 1966.

Less than 8 weeks to go now, I imagine there are a alot of people working in their garages preparing their cars for the event as I write this.

• 2 years later...

As requested, here are the exact timings of the Controls and the postal codes:

Controls/Stops:
The controls and times that they will be open from are:
Friday 22.01hrs: Blythe Services, A1(M)A614, Hilltop Roundabout, Blyth, Nottinghamshire. S81 8HG
Saturday 00.39hrs: The Angel Inn, Main Street, Corbridge, Northumberland. NE45 5LA
Saturday 02.48hrs: BAA Edinburgh Airport. Edinburgh. EH12 9DN
Saturday 08.42hrs: Seaview Hotel, John O’Groats, Caithness. KW1 4YR
Saturday 13.11hrs: Conon Bridge Hotel, High Street, Conon Bridge, Ross and Cromarty. IV7 8HD
Saturday 17.36hrs: Morrisons Garage, Stirling, Stirlingshire. FK7 8EP
Saturday 21.26hrs: Lancaster Services, Jct 32/33 M6 Motorway, Bay Horse, Lancaster. LA2 9DU
Saturday 23.16hrs: Gledrid Services, A5 Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, Shropshire. SY11 3EN
Sunday 02.45hrs: Gordano Services, M5 Motorway, Portbury, Bristol. BS20 7XG
Sunday 07.22hrs: Land’s End Hotel, Land’s End, Sennen, Cornwall. TR19 7AA
Sunday 11.38hrs: The Dartmoor Lodge, Peartree Cross, Ashburton, Devon. TQ13 7JW
Sunday 14.45hrs: Pimperne Village Hall, Pimperne, Blandford Forum, Dorset.
Sunday 16.49hrs: Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, Goodwood, Chichester, West Sussex
Sunday 19.00Hrs: The Finish at ‘The Plough’.

Anyone wishing to come and cheer the crews on, is more than welcome.

Anyone using Google Earth can try this, the new Club Triumph Google Earth Places Directory - or CTGEPD for short (ok - I just invented this):

http://club.triumph.org.uk/clubtriumph.kmz

If you don't have Google Earth then you can download it here:

http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

It's free and I highly recommend it - it really is quite incredible!

This might help, it's a points of interest file (POI) for Tom Tom - put it in yout map folder and you have all the control stops in your Tom Tom. You won't need sat nav really but it's nice to have and if you need to make up time you can easily go fastest route to the next control without waking your crew :-)

I wish to point out that the Corbridge stop is just a "passage control" which means that once you've got your roadbook signed (by me!) you must continue on your way. Also, as Corbridge is one of those "sleepy villages" the noise levels must be kept to a minimum. It is one of the sort of places where somebody from the MSA will probably be watching us like a hawk. I will be trying to get everyone through as quckly as I possibly can so I would like you to be patient. A hundred cars is a lot to get through!

On a side note, I was thinking of offering repair facilities. This would be just fetching all my tools with me for crews to borrow if necessary. This would include a trolley jack, axle stands and wheel ramps.

Mark,

Look forward to seeing you there.

Before i can start the RBRR i have to tommorow drive from Kendal to Manchester, then all the way back upto Newton Aycliffe. Stay Aycliffe Friday nightm drive to Bedale early friday AM and then do some work, then im driving to Chesterfield to meet Phil, jump in the Spitfire and drive to London, then drive all way back past you too John o Groats.

Oh dear!

Ash

Archived