Overnight on the Med

Raider

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this... Camping Roma di Lorenzi Giancarlo
<http://www.icaro.it/ec/e/im/campingromadilorenzigiancarlo.html#comearrivare>

Looks to be in the same area, 400 metres from the beach and town centre - 7 euros for a tent pitch. Not bad... ;)

Yes Don, it is the same as mentioned before. If you looked at the previous link and then this one it appears different because it is the same site but as recommended by two different camping company links. I am still waiting some details back from my Italian chums - I will be contacting them in the morning and may have something to report (all being well...) The Italians do sometimes suffer from what would be called Manana Syndrome in Spain ;D

"In that case, just give them a call tomorrow"

Well you can't do that Greeksy because tomorrow will be today and tomorrow you will need to call the day after...so you would need to call errm...I've got it: if you ring at 11:30pm today it will be 12:30am tomorrow - easy!

I see its Friday afternoon in the office time!

Good news!! I have had word back from Italy and my mate Luciano has contacted Camping Roma. The owners / operators of the site say that there should be no problem with the date given and numbers involved (I said perhaps 40 cars and as many as 90+people).
They are interested in having the breakdown of numbers as soon as possible though - by this I mean how many are wanting the Chalet / bungalow accomodation and how many will be doing the ruffy-tuffy manly camping?
I am arranging a fax to be sent to them (in Italian) explaining that it may take a little while to establish this detail but in the meantime can we get working on this? Has anyone any suggestions as to how we can best organise this between ourselves and then I can get the information to them through my contact Luciano. :)

Quoted from Burnerboy They are interested in having the breakdown of numbers as soon as possible though - by this I mean how many are wanting the Chalet / bungalow accomodation and how many will be doing the ruffy-tuffy manly camping?

Well, I can put my hands up and say I'm a wimp so our two teams ( that'd be teams 7 and 8 ) will be wanting one of those chalet or bungalow thingies :D

None of us in these teams are small can you imagine the 4 of us trying to get into tents?!?!

Just got back from 5 days in France with work so great to see all of this Paul!

Many thanks from myself and, I imagine, all of us.

I don't quite know how we could co-ordinate it all though as there will be people joining the event all the way up to the end of July.

Of course we could always start a new thread for people to log their details or someone volunteer to set up some kind of spreadsheet but I have another suggestion.

Would Camping Roma be happy to just know that they are the "official 10CR" campsite? We'll set up a link from the 10CR site (I am sure James will oblige) and then it's up to entrants to book things for themselves. After all, as I say in the entry pack, surely 10CR entrants are resourceful people who can manage this for themselves.

Can we just check if the camp site will offer a discount or at least book us into pitches for tents, bungalows etc as close to each other as possible? We can always ask our entrants to quote "10CR" on their applications.

After that if there's no space available that's the individual's problem.

By the way - a pitch for a 3 man tent with space to park a TR7 for me please. And when do they want my official booking?

Sounds like a workable system to me (what do I know..)
I will get Ciano to put this idea of them being the "official" site to Camping Roma and ask if the magic symbol [face=Arial] 10CR [/face]will carry weight with bookings for that date made  up to around June / July of this year.
Oh, and discount too! (forgot about that, and me a Yorkshireman :B)
The details of how many Chalet / Bungalow thingies are on their website http://www.campingroma.it/indexeng.asp

In the immortal words of some wooden looking bloke "Book Early!!!"

Paul, you can give them my e-mail address as a point of contact too as the organiser of the event once they are happy with these arrangements.

I rather suspect that a large number of us will be using their restaurant, pizzeria and bar too :)

Can you also advise them that we will be arriving at approximately 7.30PM and have to be on our way by 8.45AM. ??)

There's no need to let them know that a number of crews will be performing gearbox changes or taping cars up to hold them together etc :o ;D

Just a thought that came to me as I was prepping a trip we are doing to Switzerland in July with the Scouts....
E111 forms. Everyone should have them for a jaunt like the 10CR. Really easy to get,  you just collect an application form (contained in a useful booklet called "Health Advice for Travellers) and a blank E111 form itself  from the Post Office.
Fill in the application form in the rear of the booklet and section 1 to 4 of the E111 and return them both to the Post Office for official completion - easy peasey. God forbid that anyone would need to claim for emergency medical treatment on the run but having the right paperwork can make things a lot easier if the worst happens...

Good point Paul, I'll add it to the newsletter I send out to all entrants - next one will be in a couple of weeks or so.

James - maybe this should be in the bit you have on the site called "essential info" altho i think "top tips" would be a good title - in fact I'll start a thread called this now!

I have been in touch with the owner of Camping Roma and progressed things a little more...
As I understand things at the moment they have the following bungalows: 8 x four bed, 3 x 6 bed and 1 x 5 bed. Tent pitches with car spaces would appear to be no problem as they have dozens of them.
Mr Giancarlo Lorenzi is the owner and he says that we have time to make bookings for this date but priority must go to the bungalow bookings as they are in the shortest supply (am I making sense?)
Could I suggest that we perhaps decide to confirm a booking for say 6 bungalows now, to ensure that we definately have them and do the same with a number of car/tent pitches? (exact numbers in each category to be discussed)
As to the matter of discount he will discuss this with his wife and see if it is possible to offer anything to our group, this also being extended to anyone who books later on and quotes 10CR in the process.
This way we can establish a core group with definate accomodation already booked and people who join later on (although perhaps stuck with sleeping under canvas) have a shot at a little discount.

Whatever we decide upon I will arrange for the appropriate booking to be sent in both English and Italian. Thoughts??

Archived