Overnight on the Med

Raider

Please do check Ellis.

I have just had a look at the prices ont he website and it isn't clear.

At worst though it seems to be a two night stay and a tent @7euro and per person 7 Euro - maximum cost = 21euro x 2 = 42 euro or about £30.

A bit much if that's the case and we pay up for two nights but leave after one.

You can also read it that it's only the bungalows and "trailers" that have a minimum 2 night stay but even here it's possible to stay one night but pay a 5 euro supplement.

Still, I have e-mailed them and asked about pricing for one night for a minimum of 30 crews. I would have thought that would be worth considering especially as it's after the summer peak month of August

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote:
I can't see a TR7 as a bomber, Mr Bacrofts 2.5PI would fullfill that role much better

I like the idea of the TR7 as an A-wing fighter though if you're going down the Star Wars route, then Mr Bancroft's 2.5PI would have to be an Imperial Corellian Cruiser.

But he'll have to change his name.

Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Tim doesn't really have a menacing ring to it.

I am beginning to worry about you Jim :D

Then again, you seem like the kind of chap who fits right in with the rest of us :D

Ellis, no you didn't tell me you had booked the same ferry but I know you are an adult that can look after himself  :-/ so I wasn't concerned.

See you at the December committee night anyway. I'm bringing Q down (Jim, that's either a reference to James Bond or Star trek, not sure which) so we'll see if we can get down about 6Pm for something to eat and have time for a chat about the 10CR, competitions etc etc

I never switch the PCs off, they only go wrong when you turn them on, so if I don't switch them off I won't have to switch them on - no breakdowns here :-)
Of course this last couple of weeks I have mostly been renovating a kitchen but that's another story  :X
If a TR7 is an A wing then maybe the Sixfire is a pod racer - ie not much else to it but engine

Quoted from Jason I never switch the PCs off, they only go wrong when you turn them on, so if I don't switch them off I won't have to switch them on - no breakdowns here :-)
Of course this last couple of weeks I have mostly been renovating a kitchen but that's another story  :X
If a TR7 is an A wing then maybe the Sixfire is a pod racer - ie not much else to it but engine

I wonder if the "never off" technique would work with Triumphs...

I have tried two e-mails and got no response so I have phoned them today.

The guy didn't speak much English and I speak no Italian ::)

What he said was - "call next year"

Paul, did you say you had some contacts that might be able to help? I think someone who speaks Italian might get a better response

Yes, I have had the same lack of resonse to e-mails. I work with companies who are based in Lyon (you may remember Andy and I dissapeared after breakfast in Louhans last time..well thats where we went ) and they have some Italian speakers working for them.

Iwill get in touch with them and pass on the camp site details and an outline of what we want to do and see what response we get.  :)

• 1 month later...

Anybody had any joy with Camping Roma yet? I think emails are pointless as they don't reply. I haven't tried ringing them yet but that might have to be the next resort, although i don't speak any Italian!

I wouldn't want us to be the only ones staying somewhere else.

HNY all. Further to my previous posting about the Italians I know, I sent details of what we were up to and asked them to call Camping Roma and get their reaction and details of available space for the night in question. As yet I have not had any response but I know that they (my contacts) and I were working just about all the holiday period and my request will have been a little lower down their list of priorities than say, spending time with family etc!

I will chase things up in the next couple of days and report back.  :)

Archived