Overnight on the Med

Raider

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should do as you nearly overheated there last time!

Anyrate will the GT6 be going abroad, or will it be a E-bay purchase- forget the Acclaims- go for a Dolly.

Tim
Still sulking that no GT6s did the 20CC- if I had known that Doug was not gonna make it I would have taken mine!

The GT6 will be there ,come hell or high water, infact have just sent of entry for the autotest on the 15th may.have sorted the loose dizzy prob ,not sure wher the slave is leaking yet,horrible feeling i didn't do the bleed nipple up tight enough,and the overdrive soleno,ud clicks in lovely when stationary ,so i'm not sure why it packed up , was just about to take for a spin when got phone calll from the missus

Quoted from doug_foreman you,ve lost me on the inhibitor,what is it ?

The inhibitor switch is t he plunger type switch on the gear remote - it's for "inhibiting" the overdrive- it stops it working in reverse, first and second - same sort of thing as a reversing light switch if you have one of those. The switch itself screws in and usually has a fibre washer in, these are, as far as I can tell, useless washers. Remove it and you get the switch closer to the cam that operates it - as the end of the switch (looks like a ball bearing) is the bit that wears you can get some extra life out of it by chucking the washer.

Quote:
No contest on the rough ground a TR7 will walk it

I don't think we are talking about rough ground - I know it's on grass but I am not expecting a special stage.

I am not so sure about the car's relative performance in an autotest - I have the impression a TR7 is quite a big car in comparison when it comes to driving against the clock in tight manoeuvres.

Ta ,for that Jason ,i thought it was that ,but i call it the geabox overdrive switch
Raider the TR7 GT6 thing is probably going to be settled by the ability of the driver ,or lack of it, rather than the car,i've neve rdriven mine in anger before, or done one of these autotests before .So the first one i'm not expecting great things ,more of a learning curve.......but after that watch out

Burnerboy can you send me an up tot date 'overnight med' file, please. or just include it here.

As for everyone else i'm presuming that you'll want similar accomodation as on the med.
if not let me know, please.
the farmhouse is expecting +-50 to eat, if you have other plans let me know.

Dean.

We will be in or close to one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Can't we ask the town Council if we can park...wrong term...display our cars for an hour or so in the central market square in the evening, at least a few laps? I saw this with a bunch of horse and traps last summer.

The centre's tooooo good to miss so I'll probably be stopping at a hotel in the old part of Brugge.

We will be in or close to one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Can't we ask the town Council if we can park...wrong term...display our cars for an hour or so in the central market square in the evening, at least a few laps? I saw this with a bunch of horse and traps last summer.

The centre's tooooo good to miss so I'll probably be stopping at a hotel in the old part of Brugge.

Synchro's done Dean, not sure about wiper motor but I have a new one to fit!

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of Burnerboy who has done a great job, please find attached the state of play regarding Ventimiglia.

Please take the time to read the spreadsheet and let me know if there is any problem - especially teams 9 and 11!

ALSO - does anyone need the loan of a tent? paul tells me these are modern light weight ones that pack really small, good for limited luggage space in 10CR cars!

As the chief pilot  of the number 11 outfit, I've relayed a message to the chief navigator/communications officer  and the co-pilot lady/ accomodation administrator. They intend availing to your good self  the findings of our  virtual team meeting held this evening with regard to aforementioned thead message.

Further to team 11's virtual meeting, we would suggest sharing villa 1 in Ventimiglia with Robin Upton's team 9

Are you game?

Can you email me and let me know?  Only the co-pilot in charge of accommodation hasn't got into gear yet, so I have to do it...

Paul wilkerson

PMWilkerson@aol.com

I've adjusted the accomodation file with sunday info.
see my post on this page
http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/blah/Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1110130860,s=30

Take a look and let me know what your plans are for the sunday please.

Dean.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Dean for replying by email re-Sunday.  What about Camping Roma?  No reply from Paul yet.  Does anyone have other contact info for him or know what the sitch is??

Chris has booked the ferry which is apparently now only £50.

Malcolm.

Malcolm - I reckon there is tent space available and a 6 person villa if you are happy to share with team 25?

Paul is often out of the country with work so e-mail or PM is the best method of contacting him.

Archived