Overnight on the Med

Raider

You are an absolute hero and, as a result, i think all crews should buy you a drink at the Camping Roma bar.

Could you manage 40 beers in one evening? :D

Am I correct in assuming you are volunteering to put the booking through to Camping Roma? If so, how about if I share the burden by knocking up some kind of from and e-mailing all the entrants with a request to fill it in and retuirn within one week? Then I can pass it on to you Paul.

Or yes, go with your original suggestion immediately and then we follow up with the results of my e-mailing?

What do you think?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I will handle the booking side of things and I think the idea of putting out a form is a great one. First come first served on the bungalows and then tents yes?

As to the beers, I do believe that I have a bit of driving to do the following morning so I will have to decline your very generous offer ;D

Quoted from Burnerboy Yup, I will handle the booking side of things

Well, if you can book a 4 bed bungalow for my 2 teams ( teams 7 and 8 ) to share I will buy you an orange juice when we get there  ;D

just book it and tell me where to send the cheque  :P

Dear Raider/Burnerboy,

Can team 11 book a 4 bed bungalow please. I tried to download the spread sheet,fill it in and send it back elctronically........Well beyond my capabilities . I hope this message will do the trick as far as the prov. booking you need.  Thanks both for all the work you're doing.

Quoted from Burnerboy
As to the beers, I do believe that I have a bit of driving to do the following morning so I will have to decline your very generous offer ;D

Burnerboy
Never thought I would see you put something like this in writing. but if you are offering to drive I could look after the beers  ;D

AndyF

• 1 month later...

Roger,

i have a feeling it is about to get a bit busy soon.

By the way well done on the Blog, really interesting especially as the 7 Bloggers are so active, looking forward to seeing Greeks and Malcolm's.

My car is more or less ready for the 10CR- crikey thats the kiss of death then. In negotiation with a couple of CT members to become crew members.

Tim

Yup, just awaiting some final details on the facilities with Villas and Bungalows and then I will have a reasonable amount to report.
I have informed Camping Roma that we will be taking a block booking and that has been acknowledged by them, we are just looking at details now,and then I will get the deposit off to them.
Once this is sorted I will post a table of the latest (discounted) prices and levels of service and we can take it from there.
By the way, I hope the camping in Ventimiglia is warmer than last night - minus 5 but still we ruffy tuffy Scouting types were under canvas (polypropylene, nylon - whatever) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hello again all, it's been a while hasn't it? The latest on Camping Roma is as follows;

Camping Roma have allowed us to make a booking for one night only (normally they ask for a minimum 2 nights so that is a bonus) and have agiven us a bit of discount as well on the normal rates.

Due to availability we have only been able to book 2 of the 4 bed bungalows which on a first come first served basis would be teams 6 and 7 sorted out. These are charged at 60 Euros per bungalow for the night (not per person)

They also have 6 bed villas and I have asked for 3 of them so that will take care of teams 9, and 11 with 7 spaces left over for sharing (if the teams concerned wish to make the spare places available). The third villa can be spare at the moment. Each villa is charged at 80 Euros per night.

I have asked for 14 tent pitches ( 1 tent, 1 car and 2 people) which gives us scope for all those who have already declared their intention to camp and allows for more entrants to be allocated some accomodation as they join our merry throng. The camp pitches are at 25 Euros each per night (again, per pitch not per person) .

The bungalows and villas each have toilet and hot water showers to themselves with bedding and kitchen equipment provided but you must provide your own towels!

For those camping there are toilet and shower facilities but shared of course (an incentive to arrive in the first wave?) and don't forget your tents!

On this last point I can make available some very tasty 2 man tents for those crews who do not have their own at the moment. I have up to 10 that I can lend and we can transport to the Plough for distribution - after that you carry 'em all the way yourselves! All I would ask is that you look after them and any damage is made good / replaced.

I have sent Camping Roma a deposit cheque and am waiting confirmation that it has been received and then we are most definately ON!

For the moment I would say contact me, that is until we are getting near the limits of what space we have reserved. in the meantime I am trying to establish a standard form of e-mail or fax that newbies can send to Camping Roma and that will be be recognised as coming from us and will attract the discount and the night only booking staus that we have been given so far.
As people are added to the list I will chalk the spaces off and then post up the fact that we are getting to the stage where pre-booked space is running out and new entrants should be making direct bookings.
I think this makes sense  :-/
let's hope we fill up all the spaces soon! ;D

Quoted from Raider I have also realised you must want some  money off us all to cover the cheque you sent for the reservations.

How much Paul and where do we send it?

I am perfectly happy to wait until we get to Ventimiglia and sort things out there. Doing it that way I will actually only be taking money from people who actually make it there and use the facilities
;D

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you not of the camping persuasion :o

Tim Hunt, Andy Johnson and Nick Dawes have all booked rooms in Menton http://www.123france.com/123/en/hotel.php?id_hot=225063

Tthere is secure parking available for a fee of 10 euro as well Tim advises.

Archived