Mk2 GT6 Carpets?

Tim Bancroft

No experience, sorry but will read the replies with interest as I have a similar plan myself!

Moulded if available will be better (but more expensive) I would think, Newton Commercial seem to be the market leader and have a reputation for a good product.

At the lower end of the market, there is a chap near me who trades on Ebay (tripar?) selling new Triumph carpet sets, again no first hand experience myself.  However he is Terry Murphy who used to own the Chelmsford Triumph breaker "Triumphspares".  

Decent enough chap to deal with but his ethos was always buy cheap/sell dear - he made a serious amount of money from it before retiring (expensive house, big new Merc etc), so I suspect he has found a very cheap source of foreign(?) supply for these carpet sets, as I don't reckon he would be wasting his time dealing in them unless there was very good money in it.

The set I have in the car is Moulded, almost certain it is a Newton set.

I want to fit a dark red set to the car, think it will give the car a nice look inside.

Dave Pearson does'nt agree, but I think it would look good.

The existing set ain't that bad, just needs cleaning. (Mike, if you are interested a deal could be done. The tailgater area carpet is shagged though).

timbancroft61 wrote:
The set I have in the car is Moulded, almost certain it is a Newton set.

I want to fit a dark red set to the car, think it will give the car a nice look inside.

Think I'd agree with Dave ......maybe dark blue but even that I'm not really convinced about.

Yours is such a nice car be a shame to mess it up.
But it's your car so if you like it......don't make you right though  :P

timbancroft61 wrote:

The existing set ain't that bad, just needs cleaning. (Mike, if you are interested a deal could be done. The tailgater area carpet is shagged though).

Thanks Tim, my interior isn't in bad shape either - and may even be original - however you and I must have the same weird and wonderful taste as I have always thought mine would look awesome with a red interior also!  I had in mind more bright red than dark though!

For your colour of car I too would possibly have considered blue before red?   :)