Coast 2 Coast 2021

Chriss

2021 Coast 2 Coast Run

Club Triumph is thrilled to announce the 2021 Coast 2 Coast Run. The C2C Run is designed to be a challenging driving experience of about 400 miles, lasting about 12 hours time.  It is a different type of event from the RBRR and the 10CR, but taking the best features of either. It seeks out some of the best driving roads that we can find in the UK.  It is primarily about driving, so planning the navigation is not difficult and can be done in advance, but due to the nature of the roads used, navigating may be more difficult and will require attention. There is also a social element to the event through meals held before and after the event. 

Due to the location of the roads upon which the event is to be held, National Parks and uplands, the start or the finish is located some distance from the main population centres.  We try to minimise the inconvenience but the event will be a fairly high effort, high enjoyment challenge. It can be looked at as an event in three parts: getting to the start, the run and getting home. For many it will involve as many miles as a day of the Round Britain Run. It may offer an opportunity to visit a fairly remote part of the country that you have not previously visited.  

The 2021 event will be held during the night of Saturday and Sunday 3rd and 4th of July.  The normal Club Triumph regulations apply. Full MSUK and national Covid-19 regulations will be rigorously enforced. It is intended that entry will open on 15th May and will be solely through the Club Triumph website.   

The price of entry is £25.00 per vehicle. This covers entry into the event, car stickers and finisher’s souvenir. Food consumed at the restaurants is at the entrant’s expense (main courses will typically be around £10-£12). Fuel, car preparation, any tolls (none anticipated) and getting to and from the event are also at the entrant’s expense. 

The provisional route of the event is to start at Flamborough Head in Yorkshire, to drive through the North York Moors including over Rosedale Chimney, skirting Teesside and into the North Pennines Area of Natural Beauty on to Gretna Green for a pause. Then to head south to The Hartside Summit and Alston, into the Yorkshire Dales to Sedbergh and through The Forest of Bowland to Slaidburn and then a well earned breakfast in Southport. This is a distance of approximately 365 miles.

For an overall map of the route see below or go to Events > C2C > 2021C2C. Full details will be available on entry. 

MSUK and Covid-19 regulations will not permit the normal signing on and briefing. These will have to be done electronically.  Details will become available with the entry pack. 

The Starting point is the Headlands Restaurant at Flamborough Head.  The supper will be held there starting at 17:00.  Parking for entrants will be in the car park by the restaurant. https://www.headlandsrestaurant.co.uk/ 

There will be a rest at the halfway point at Gretna Green Motorway Services. Most of the caterers will be closed, but WH Smiths will have Starbucks vending machines and sandwiches available.  Finding catering at 01:00 on a Sunday in the borders for up to 100 is almost mission impossible!

https://www.welcomebreak.co.uk/locations/gretna-green-a74m/ 

The finish will be at Brewers Fayre, Ocean Plaza, Southport. Brewers Fayre provided a great breakfast at Bicester this year and is just about the only place that can cope with 100 in Southport from 06:30. For your route home afterwards Southport is well placed for access to the motorway network with the M6 not too far away. https://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/en-gb/locations/merseyside/ocean-plaza 

Initially entry will be limited to 50 cars. Should more that this express interest, a reserve list will be maintained.

Start getting ready!

1914647839_C2C21WholeRoute.thumb.jpg.0304cc59a2cae5a39d3caf148483cddf.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Chris, Great to see the C2C is running this year, unfortunately we won't be with you this year as we've got a prior commitment. Presumably next year you plan to revert back to an April date to coincide with Drive it day.

Dave and Jackie

Edited by Batch

Hi Chris, Looking forward to it and you are using some of roads and places I used when organising an HCR a few years ago but never got to drive as I was an organiser.  One question, If the crew members are from different house holds will we have to wear facemasks?

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Rutty and all

I'll publish the regulations and Covid regulations just before entry opens.  There is still some finalisation to do about online sign on. Covid regs will be published for the current conditions, but there is a chance of a substantial reduction  in severity by July.  Currently facemasks will have to be worn.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a good route Chris and looking forward to taking part this year.

I should have my son as my co-driver. This will be his first CT event.
I thought it might be good experience for him in preparation for the RBRR that we are also doing.

🙂 

Hi Bruce

That's a good question that I cannot answer just yet.  The Event Entry System is still being designed and tested and I am not sure yet how it will be accessed.

I will update the Forum when I know.  It will not be difficult and likely be a new Forum thread for entry including a  link and a link from                                          Home >Events>C2C>C2C20121.

If entry cannot be opened on the 15th I'll also post a new thread advising of the developments.  I have announced the event as early as I can to give entrants as much car preparation time as possible. 

Edited by Chriss
Got the name wrong
  • Thanks 1

Signed up, but signing up was quite slow - clicking on the select item to purchase froze so I had to copy the purchase link and post it in a separate tab, then the payment stayed on processing for a number of minutes with a rotating circle showing. This could be a combination of Firefox & various add blockers that I have installed.

19 minutes ago, Howard said:

Signed up, but signing up was quite slow - clicking on the select item to purchase froze so I had to copy the purchase link and post it in a separate tab, then the payment stayed on processing for a number of minutes with a rotating circle showing. This could be a combination of Firefox & various add blockers that I have installed.

My experience of it was of it being super fast. Whole process took less than 2 minutes. Don't have add blockers on our laptop

Bruce

Entry was straight forward though it did site on the payment screen saying processing  for a couple of minuets but it got there in the end. On the team information page it is asking for MSUK licence number. I have a MSUK licence but I am not sure if my Co driver does. I can find no mention in the regs regarding needing one. Please can someone clarify this point.

Looking forward to this event.

Thanks 

Mark

• Like 1