Gauges in the engine bay

John Bonnett

Never seen that idea before, and Ive been on this earth some tome
Reminds me of the intelligence of the woman who went into a Ford parts dealer and asked for a 710 cap
The guy said ...a 710 cap?
She said  Yes I`ve lost mine from under the bonnet
Looking at the parts list the guy then looked and the penny dropped
Is it yellow?
Yes
Do you mean one of those?
Yes thats it
The man smiled as he  turned the photo of the OIL cap upside down ...

Quoted from RobPearce
It also clearly has no working handbrake - brick under the rear tyre and that lever angle is impossible on a working example.

I think the brick is added insurance incase the h/brake does go awol,look at the incline of the driveway.

Quoted from RobPearce
It also clearly has no working handbrake - brick under the rear tyre and that lever angle is impossible on a working example.

Mk3 non-roto = "self-adjust" rear brakes.......  'nuff said!

Does look quite nice though I'd prefer those gauges somewhere more useful - like in the dash!

Nick

Quoted from esxefi

I think the brick is added insurance incase the h/brake does go awol,look at the incline of the driveway.

That driveway is a LOT less sloped than mine (and I'm in the Fens!) on which my Mk3 GT6's badly-adjusted handbrake holds fine. Also, as I said, note the angle of the handbrake lever on the interior shots.

Quoted from nang
Most of our Japanese rear engined buses have gauges and controls under the engine cover, no doubt so the mechanic can run things from this end.
No doubt the same reason for cars having them.
Tony.

The thing is...that the Spit/GT is so small you can adjust /tinker with the bonnet up and just look over the windscreen to the dash anyway