aar0sc

My Spitfire 1500's door seals aren't... great. They don't keep much cold/wet out and they don't hold much warm/dry in...

Moss and Rimmers both sell them for about £14 (although Rimmers won't tell me postage until I give them my card details, which I'm not 100% on doing!), just wondering if they'll fit properly - ie not too short?

Or would Canley's be a better bet? (Although I couldn't find a thermostat on their website so closed that tab).

Cheers, Aaron

heraldcoupe wrote:
They're likely to be long enough, but ask if they have a bubble or lip profile.
Original is lip profile, aftermarket is often bubble profile and a lot fatter,

Cheers,
Bill.

That's the annoying thing, my car, being unrestored, has the original door seals, with the lip. Rimmers is bubble, Moss doesn't say. I'll have a try on Canleys again, and have a look at Paddocks.

Cheers :)

thebrookster wrote:
Have a look here as well, Aaron, I don't know how the prices compare, but you can guarantee the quality!!

http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk/Forms/Extrusion_List_13_07_2011.pdf

;) ;) ;)

Phil

;)

I suppose I'd have to e-mail him to find out how much I'd need? And I suppose it's reasonably easy to cut/fit?

3122 wrote:

Which one?!

The coat or the roof??

And in terms of contacting Bill, by heck you young 'uns are slipping these days!!
If you look at the link I posted, the first bit is the main address, i.e. the http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk bit!! Try typing that into your browser, you may well be surprised at the result.
And then if you look very closely, you will see he has a phone number listed, this is something you enter into a phone to speak to someone. (And yes, you can use a mobile for this, but you are looking for the ring option, not the text message bit. The text message bit, strangely enough, probably will not work.)

And the schools keep telling us standards have not slipped??

Cheers,

Phil

P.S. There is a certain amount of satisfaction getting revenge on all those innuendos!!

heraldcoupe wrote:
They're likely to be long enough, but ask if they have a bubble or lip profile.
Original is lip profile, aftermarket is often bubble profile and a lot fatter,

Cheers,
Bill.

I bought the bubble type with the felt finish from one of the main suppliers years ago for my Spit GT6 & Vitesse, told them the model and year of car and thats what was supplied. Caused all sorts of problems, getting the door aligned and to close properly which is impossible as they are just to fat.  But they are still selling it as correct for the cars. Total waste of money. Bought the Correct type from rarebits for my Vitesse and fit perfectly.

Mark