GT6 Captive door hinge plates

Rubce

hi rubce,

you can get through the hole in the inner panel and bend the tab with a screwdriver and get it out, i did mine drivers side.
i made some new ones, but i guess you could open the holes to 3/8 unf if stripped, i would use that thread or 10mm fine pitch as standard threads will strip easier.
also a good tip is to file or grind a big chamfer on the back where the tabs keep it in place, gives a little bit more adjustment.
persevere and you can get it out .

7235 wrote:
hi again, you can get better access to the tabs from the hole above where the door stay is shown here on my replacement panel

Are you a keyhole surgeon Ian?  :) How on earth can you get in through that little hole with anything to give enough force to pull the tabs up. I'm interested in this because I may have to do the same job.

You're doing a great job on your car and made huge progress in a short time. I could use your skills down here. Fancy a longish holiday in Devon?

hi john,
the tabs can be bent up easy enough i can get a driver in there to do it ok, i replaced mine on the drivers side with this method.
the passenger ones came with new plates fitted, but i removed them to grind the chamfer on. they are easily bent with the fingers.
i will be coming to dorset in the summer but the welder wont be with me, and the skills are not good without the tools,
anyway you dont need me you are doing a fantastic job with the special;.