fuel pump not pumping

flag man

Having fitted a new pump, I don't now get fuel through to carb's. Is there any way I could fit the pump so that it does not connect to the cam? Seams like the is only one position the pump can go in, have removed the spacer as instructed by the supplier.

Thanks all for your help and advise. This looks like an insoluable problem, Rimmers tell me this model pump has to be fitted without the spacer.
If the leaver arm is missing the cam I cant see any way to fix that, even If I did get it to run on the cam if it can slip off that easily it looks like a problem just waiting to happen again,
Looks like the best option might be to ditch it and switch to an electric pump?

My pump from Rimmers did not have the instructions about not refitting the spacer and as a result did not pump enough fuel at speed. When I did take the spacer off it was putting out 9 pounds of pressure and floading the carbs. The best thing I ever did was fit an electric low pressure pump. No more problems and also fitted a press button to prime the carbs for when it has been left standing and the float chambers have run dry.

6925 wrote:
Thanks all for your help and advise. This looks like an insoluable problem, Rimmers tell me this model pump has to be fitted without the spacer.
If the leaver arm is missing the cam I cant see any way to fix that, even If I did get it to run on the cam if it can slip off that easily it looks like a problem just waiting to happen again,
Looks like the best option might be to ditch it and switch to an electric pump?

Take off the pump,...do not touch the lever, try looking close at the lever to see if there is any shiny portion of the lever eg has it actually been touching
Then attach in and out slave pipes and operate the lever to see if it is actually pumping(sufficient)
Look inside the crankcase orifice and see if the cam is OK

Just a few ideas/tips