Types of battery

Allerno

Hi guys, just another quick question for you all.  What type of car battery best suits the GT6 MK2?

I have been searching through the internet for some answers and have come up with several different types of battery size to use, but none that have really stood out as being the one that the majority have used...

So far I have seen 027, and 063 batteries come up a few times, and in the Haynes guide (the original one) it suggests using a battery with 56Ah (if that is relevant)

Anyway I leave the suggestions to the professionals once more!

Thanks again in advance for your answers!
Allan

Was just looking at Halfords and......

Halfords Calcium Battery HCB072
Guarantee: 4 Years
Startup Power: 550 Amps
Type: Calcium
AH Value: 68
Bench Charge: 6.8 Amps
Dimensions (LxDxH): 261x175x220mm
Reserve capacity: 125
Weight (kg): 16.69

This is for the GT6, always look under rover for triumph parts in Halfords. Personnally I'm going to use the gt6 battery for my spitfire as injection will arrive next year.

Chris.

Chris, autoexpress (or one of the similar named car mags) did some in-depth tsting of batteries. They found the non-calcium version actually had more oomph in it at low temp or something. Could be handy for you ;)
Also, if you buy at halfords make sure you have access to a tradecard, I think it is about 30% off their own batteries. Otherwise plenty of other places sell exide, varta, bosch etc batteries.

I have found the 063 to be a good value battery, worked absolutely fine on my 2.5 vitesse, all year round. Standard starter motor too.

cliftyhanger wrote:

Also, if you buy at halfords make sure you have access to a tradecard, I think it is about 30% off their own batteries. Otherwise plenty of other places sell exide, varta, bosch etc batteries.

I have found the 063 to be a good value battery, worked absolutely fine on my 2.5 vitesse, all year round. Standard starter motor too.

Yes mate I have a trade card saves me a small fortune. Was looking at the Bosch batterys. Is there much trade discount on these???

Chris.

Nope, a lot less % on non-halfords stuff.
Saying that, their batteries used to be made by yuasa, jap so were good. Not sure now. However, their batteries have never been an issue for me. And I have fitted about a dozen over the years to various cars.

back to the same old discussion , but halfords (discounted or not) are just a rip off compared to a good motor factor!!!
if you want to pay halfords prices then give your money to me and i'll wander down the local partco and make some beer money!!! ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived