Key stuck in ignition (1500 spitfire)

Elbow

Hi can anyone help me I have recently purchased a 1975 1500 spitfire, and the key is stuck in the ignition. I have had a look and beleive I can remove the hole thing (although not tried yet) but cant seam to find the part anywhere.

Any advive on removing the key or where to get the parts would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried Rimmer, ebay etc and cant evan find the part no for the barrel?

Many thanks

Rich

When i first got mine i had the same problem, turned the key anti clockwise as far as it would go but would not come out, until i found out you have to turn anti clockwise until stops, then push it in and continue turning anti clockwise until stops, then it would pull out, not as easy as this is it?

Rich

Hi can anyone help me I have recently purchased a 1975 1500 spitfire, and the key is stuck in the ignition. I have had a look and beleive I can remove the hole thing (although not tried yet) but cant seam to find the part anywhere.

Any advive on removing the key or where to get the parts would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried Rimmer, ebay etc and cant evan find the part no for the barrel?

Many thanks

Rich

They do have a habit of jamming.

Lots of gentle wiggling may free it up, moving wheel side to side if it is stuck with the sterring lock engaged.

You can get the shear bolts out my sawing a slot in the top of them, or knocking them loose with a dot punch or similar.

Swictch comes off the back of the lock, so you can remove the lock and then just use a screwdriver in the switch as a short term fix.

I may be able to assist with a new lock if you get stuck.

Cheers

Colin

Ive managed to get the key out by pushing it in then turning a bit more, still had to tap it out with a pair of mole grips attached tho. Will get another key cut and see if its any better, but I would think that something is warn in the barrel so may need to replace it at some point.

Archived