Chrome trim fitment

Rubce

Hi All

How do you guys recommend fitting the chrome strips to the rear end and rear wings of GT6? I definitely won't be using those horrible barbed clips. Blobs of Silicone sealant or Seam Sealer? Is it worth squirting cavity wax into the trim after the sealant had set?

Thoughts please.

Thanks

Bruce

Hmmm, I used "Tiger Seal" for the chrome on our Stag. Three years later and they are still firmly in position. The problem will come if I ever need to remove them as I think they will have to be cut off!

Bruce

I had to tape mine while the sealer set; not 100% of a fit but they've stayed on seven years so far. I agree with Redrooster about getting the best fit before gluing or sticking; some of the strips have a different curvature and a spare set I had followed the curve of the wing much better than the original set (wings were replaced) so they were used instead. The clips just ate the new shiny paint and scraped off again. It's much better if they just sit in the correct position rather than having to be forced down.