Blue Interior Trim Color

Goody

Soon I will order the interior trim kit for my Blue Herald.  I see their are 2 different shades, one dark and one light?   I have a new Very Dark Blue Carpet set.  Most of you have seen pics of the shade of Wedgewood Blue on the car.   Any one have a picture of both interior colors on a car the color of mine?  Or a color sample of both?  I would like to see what it might look like before I order the trim kit.  

Goody wrote:
Soon I will order the interior trim kit for my Blue Herald.  I see their are 2 different shades, one dark and one light?   I have a new Very Dark Blue Carpet set.  Most of you have seen pics of the shade of Wedgewood Blue on the car.   Any one have a picture of both interior colors on a car the color of mine?  Or a color sample of both?  I would like to see what it might look like before I order the trim kit.  

I would think that Light Blue would contrast well with Dark Blue carpet but this is only my opinion and may not be correct if you want the factory look.

Goody wrote:
Thanks Gary:  This is the same as my car had when I bought it.

Anyone got a pic of the Midnight Blue?

Remember Andy mine was not sold new in the States.
Bill, here's my Midnight Blue door panel from my '67:

It's a medium blue, but definitely lighter than Gary's Shadow Blue!

1953 wrote:
This Early 1200 convertible on Ebay UK has blue trim, and a blue dash covering too! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Early-Triumph-Herald-Convertible-1200-1961-/160951128828?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item25796f52fc

VERY early 1200, still has the large sidelights.
It's about 20 minutes away from me but there's no way I can justify buying it right now,

Cheers,
Bill.

Its a lovely looking little car which I'd love to do something with. However I am very poor and can't afford to buy and restore it sadly. If I win the lottery in the next week or so I will buy it and have it restored though :) I just need those 6 magic numbers...  ;)

1218 wrote:
If ever there was a car worthy of saving, that one is it.

What is so special about this car?
I see white escutcheons, the drivers seat has a rip, carpet not original I think? (difficult to see), wrong door mirror.
What else is so special about an early 1200? Are they rare? Handle on the bonnet?
I might be interested because
1. I like to have another Herald 1200
2. never had a Herald convertible
3. I love the colour
4. I love the fact is has a non-black interior

Why would this example be so special? Love to hear what you think :)

Early, early 1200's are rare.  Rare in any form, but a 1200 convertible and one of the earliest is delightful.  White escutcheons, portafleck dash surround, either Wedgwood or (more probably) Powder Blue with a Phantom Grey interior, how better could it get?  I wonder if the white hood is standard or aftermarket?  White was a rare and seldom specified option for the roof....  I guess only a Heritage Certificate would answer that one.  If I had more £££, space and time......

M.

1218 wrote:
I wonder if the white hood is standard or aftermarket?  White was a rare and seldom specified option for the roof....  

The White roof was actually very common on 948s and early 1200s, putting a finger in the air I would say the split was about 50/50 in the case of the 948s.
1961 would be Powder Blue and I reckon the Phantom Grey parts of the interior are more likely to be original than the blue parts.

Cheers,
Bill.

Doubtless it has been purged of its original number and the B reg would have been deemed age related.  I had a 948 in the 80's where this had happened and that was a 1959 but on an A reg.  I also had a 1961 1200 that was ex-Jersey and I brought that car over in 1980, the DVLA put that one on a C reg for whatever reason....

M.

A and B suffixes were not universally applied throughout the UK. This meant there were large numbers of unissued numbers, which could be used for registering cars which had fallen off the system. This applied to cars where the original number had been transferred to another vehicle, and in other cases where the owner failed to register the cars on the centralised DVLA computer by the 1983 deadline. From that date DVLA were very inflexible about reissuing 'lost' numbers.
During the late 1980s, it was pointed out that DVLA's own rules forbade the use of a registration which was younger than the vehicle's actual age, as this was a way of making an old car appear newer to the casual purchaser - remember this all preceded instant availability of information through the internet. From this time onwards, DVLA issued properly age related numbers in these situations, whilst reclaiming an original number was made easier. Nevertheless, there are still plenty of pre-1963 cars carrying B-suffix (1964) plates as a legacy of this policy.
Chances are the original plate from the car in question has been sold, however there is a small possibility that it's still out there waiting to be reclaimed from DVLA,

Cheers,
Bill.