Matt306

Thinking about which poly bush to fit on my spit mk iv.

I have seen prices from 180 to 48 on Ebay. I know someone will tell me there is a difference in the polyurethane used in the manufacture. However what difference is there in real life non race , road use. Is it really £132 worth of difference?

Ihave used both red polybush (the proper branded one!) and superflex. Both good, though I have killed a diff bush but that is down to another issue which I think would have killed anything! I have rebought the superflex as replacement.

Bill Davies did some manufaturing in polyurethane, IIRC his take was that air bubbles were an issue?? something like that. But all the proper branded ones should be fine. Not sure about some of the cheapest. Fit may be an issue, so if you do buy, make sure you fit them straight away so issues are sorted PDQ.

Quoted from yorkshire_spam
Original polybush are ok. Personally I'd only use SuperFlex if they are available.

I tried eBay specials and Br*tpart on my old Land Rover, but they fell apart in a matter of months.

Was the Landy off roading ? Clearly wouldn't do this with a spit

Personally I'd stick to Superflex, the ones I have on my car (road use GT6 that has lived on the drive March-Nov 3 years) have seen a decent amount of use and still looks perfectly fine. I'm sure there are others out there that will work but I feel with superflex you know what you're getting.

My mate used the cheapo ones off ebay on his BMW 3 series, road use only, and lost a front wishbone off it because the bush failed.
We had some supplied with a car when I was at Ginetta, and we had to change them before we sent the car back to the customer, as just sitting int he workshop and taking it for road tests etc was enough to deform the bushes.

I use Superflex in the old cars and Powerflex bushes in the BMWs.

I bought a whole car Polybush kit, direct from Polybush, for my Vitesse. It was the best value for money. I did a bit of research before spending the money, the Superflex ones seem very pricey compared to the Polybush ones but don't offer anything more that I could discover, and the cheap eBay ones don't have a terrific reputation, there doesn't seem to be any consistency to how they perform: some people have no bother with them and some people have had nothing  but trouble from them, so Polybush it was. They've been in a year and are fine so far.  

I bought a front/rear Polybush kit from Canley. Quite a bit cheaper than other suppliers.

Previous research suggested they were good.

As well as wishbones., they include steering rack mounts/diff bushes which I haven't used yet and maybe one or 2 others. Can't remember. Don't think they include shock bushes.

I think my only mistake was thinking my original rubber ones were past there best, as they were deteriorating at the ends/outsides.

Apparently the original rubber ones last for ages and be good on the inside even though they can appear shot visually.

Dave      

I made the mistake of buying some cheap poly bushes off ebay, they were orange in colour but can't remember the name. The front track control arm bushes failed within a few hundred miles and the rear trailing arms bushes have no play as yet but are all split on the visible outer parts and I suspect will be an mot failure next time round. Ive since replaced the TCA bushes with superflex with no issues at all so far, the rear trailing arm bushes will get changed for superflex also. Buy cheap buy twice, should have known better !!

Superflex have an advantage in that they have a stainless steel sleeve.

I have used red Polybush in my GT6 and Saloon and found them to be fine.

For Superflex, have a look at the James Paddock site, they sell Superflex and they obviously get a good discount from Chris Witor as they are competitively priced.