We  left the Plough at 19:30 on Friday and returned at 19:10 on Sunday so we took 47 hours 40 minutes. We did 2061 miles after making a wrong turn and taking the wrong motorway at Stirling and also getting lost near Salisbury which meant driving to Goodwood via Southampton.....

Anyone do any less car preparation than us? I only found out that we needed to use my GT6 at 2 ish on the friday and only had time to change the oil, top up the fluids and tyre pressures. 20 minurtes prep time in total before setting off for the Plough....

Cookie, thats pretty good. We put a reclining passenger seat in and I bolted on the new wheels. Fluids and stickers got done at stops around the route.
We (I) really wanted to loads more prep on Friday but time escaped us farting about for hours in london traffic so it didnt happen. Next time I'll know much better. I felt really bad turning up to the plough with no stickers on :(

We left the Plough at  19 15. and arrived back at 18.55 and much to our amazement we were the first car back!!!! we completed 2,052 miles in 47hrs 40 mins
the car never missed abeat through out , we used 60.5 gallons and managed 33 to the gallon  and with 4 up was not bad although at times we were probally running on methane addative after eating lots of pies and egg sarnies

[quote by=cook1e link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160413863,s=4 date=1160433905]We  left the Plough at 19:30 on Friday and returned at 19:10 on Sunday so we took 47 hours 40 minutes. We did 2061 miles ....[/quote]

I've just done the maths and the car returned 33 mpg which I think is pretty impressive ocnsidering we only once drove economically when we were so low on fuel we were coasting down the hills!

There's a prog you can get for the Pocket PC that creates Google Earth trace files and allows you to share the GPS output. Sadly although I have it installed I clean forgot to turn it on! If you are using a Pocket PC version I can send you it - I think it's shareware

I was so excited to get back to the Plough I didn't check the time. I think we got back about 19:20? Whatever time the Lincolnshire lots got back as we were following them. 2437 miles including from home and back. Actual run was exactly 2000 miles! Is there a prize for most accurate distance travelled?! Incredible. 6 lites of oil. About £520 of fuel so about 19.9 MPG. Now the car's for sale to fund the estate project. Having done the run without much effort at all we know the car's good to go!

[quote by=Caroline link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160413863,s=11 date=1160490550] Now the car's for sale to fund the estate project. Having done the run without much effort at all we know the car's good to go![/quote]
How much? I may need something to be seen in :-)

Car 70: The Fast White Acclaim left the Plough with the first bunch a little after 7PM.  We made all the stops.  No brakedowns.  Only problem was with the rear end.  :'(  Seems we lost a bolt in Ashley's driveway.  Never sure if the rear was or would follow but it did.  I'm sure anyone behind us thought we were durnk.  We would have made the Plough by 7PM sunday if not for the back up on the M25.  I think we got thier by 7:45.  Ash has the miles but as for fuel I had all the money.  Spent 281 pounds for fuel.  :D (started with a 300pound kitty)

Jason:  :o  Since I might do this again and a friend here wants to go, maby I should buy a car and let you keep it (and use it) for me to use in the next run.  I will pay for the car, insurance and the like and we can work out the normal repair and up-grade bills.  Goody

Colin, 'includes the flashing valve caps?', the one from the pound shop? (that were a pound - bargain!),

but isn't it true that there is only 75 pence worth on the car (minus any power it used on the run of course),

thus having a significant effect on the overall value of the car for a hyperthetical sale?

Archived