You are probably up to the armpits in car preparation and I hope it is going well, but we also need to pay attention to getting donation pledges for the RNLI.  While collecting for the RBRR06 some of us received criticism for the way we were supporting BLISS by driving round the country creating emissions. In the 2 years since people have become more environmentally conscious and we expect more widespread criticism for the way in which we are supporting the RNLI.

To forestall this criticism and to benefit the planet, a year ago we purchased a carbon offset more than equivalent to the emissions we expect to create during the RBRR08.  So the emissions we will create have already been neutralized.  We have done this with an organization called Climatecare.  Climatecare is the UK’s most respected provider of offsets and recently received high praise from Which Magazine for its activities and website. Climatecare’s team provides advice and support to companies and project developers in emerging markets to create emissions reduction credits from projects that successfully reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The team has considerable experience and knowledge in developing and executing projects in many sectors including renewable energy, municipal waste management, industrial gases, energy efficiency and forestry.

Club Triumph always takes a responsible approach to organizing its events and is proud of probably being the first car club to offset a major event.  To publicise this, the sticker attached will be part of the RBRR08 pack. Please use this information to promote CT.

It's a shame you've had to spend money doing that.  Bloody whinging tree huggers, they really annoy me.  I take some comfort from the fact that such people are so stupid, they actually believe that creating some sort of CO2 balance makes everything OK!!!

Ok you balance out the CO2, what about all the other emissions?  I sometimes think the greenies live on a different planet to the one they claim they're trying to save!!

Caroline wrote:
If the gases are as a result of you cooking bacon butties for us all I won't mind!

Unfortunately it wont be the Atlas camper (the one with the grill fitted) so no bacon butties. Current plan revolves around using the normal Atlas van if I can get enough time to make a concerted effort to recommision it after its 35 year lay-up.  

We were going to fit the grill and kettle facility into the back of the estate, but making the car run for more than 20 miles at a time has mysteriously become a higher priority...

Slimboyfat wrote:

Unfortunately it wont be the Atlas camper (the one with the grill fitted) so no bacon butties. Current plan revolves around using the normal Atlas van if I can get enough time to make a concerted effort to recommision it after its 35 year lay-up.  

Archived