The stag saloon certainly sounded great!
The Atlas was certainly very comical , to be honest there was such a good selection of our cars.
The taxi looked great Andy!
I also liked the white mk1 saloon with its louvres and Tim B's is looking good .....Nick J's mk11 pi and James C's 2000 its so hard to pick one favourite.

I will be sending an e-mail to all crews asking them to pick their favourite car, expect an e-mail in a day or so.

More I think about it, I come to the conclusion that the event is about the cars. The start car park's selection was mouth watering.

Previous winners if the 'Car of the event' were:

04: NIgel Gair's Glorious blue 2000 mk2.
06: Karl Dandridge's Scruffy but fantastic light blue Vitesse 1600.

I liked the Red Dove, followed this up to Corbridge and it was extremely rapid on the twisty bits.

I also liked the two tone green and white 2.5 Estate with the modern longitudinal roof bars in silver and gorgueous white leather with green piping in the interior. I only saw this at the start though, don't know whether it finsished or not?

The 2 tone estate got to Stirling very late and had problems with starting after filling up and was consuming its points.  I was looking for them at the finish but did not see them.  The crew was a dad and 2 lads, doing their first event, all working as a great team. I hope we see them again, they and the car are great.

Alex wrote:
The Atlas was certainly very comical.

I can assure you, it's no laughing matter although I do accept that we were delivering smiles everywhere we went. Seeing people mouthing "What the f*&^%$ is that?" all the time is excellent.

My Dad passed comment this morning "did you bang your head then thought an Atlas would be a good idea?"

The two-tone was going rather well on the way to John O Groats. Had a nice tussle where I overtook it then was behind a green saloon and a Vitesse. He got fed up I think and went past the three of us in the end before I got a chance to do the same and caught up with it. We were going some, I'll not say how fast...

Archived