As we all know you can't beat driving through amazing scenery while listening to great music and getting that 'I could just drift away feeling'.

One of ours was 'life in the fast lane' by the Eagles which was quite apt in places.

The one that filled me with doubt was when we left home on Friday afternoon and tuned to radio 2 to listen to 'sally traffic' and the first song to come on the radio was 'road to nowhere' by talking heads. ( That was my only 'funny tummy' moment all weekend!)

Dave had some great music on his MP3 player, but then he also had Abba & Robbie Williams! :-/  I'm getting seriously worried about that boy-He's beginning to remind me of my Grandad! ;D

So what were your songs that made you feel great on the run?  :)

Keith and I were without music. No great shakes there- listening to tracks that mean a lot to me and potentially nothing to others seems a bit like people being rude about pictures of the family! :B
In my head I had the soundtrack to The Last of The Mohicans in Scotland. Zooimg around the chalk downs north of Pimperne was XTC country: This World Over and Don't Need Another satalite. Loch Ness was Mull of Kintyre of all things! ;D :)

Archived