timbancroft61 wrote:

Obviously there are lots pros and cons about opening the RBRR entry in November. The one that worries me is that its a financial outlay just before Xmas, being a caring old sod I'd quite like to open the event with the publication of the March edition of Club Torque.

Tim

Xmas, BAh-Humbug.

You are getting soft in your old age.

Xmas is a time for giving, and what better way than giving your loved one an entry for the RBRR.

Sod the bloody kids, tell them you have spent their present money on petrol, they will understand.

4576 wrote:
Our entry went in the post yesterday afternoon.

Someone suggested on the facebook page that we should paint the car red and yellow and do the event dressed as Noddy and Big Ears. We'll not be, as i think I'll look silly enough squeezed in to the Moss

Who on earth would have made the Noddy car and fancy dress comment.....

Might even have been Moi  :( ;)

I posted my entry on Monday 18th. I didn't realise that places filled up so quickly.

Why is there a limit to the number of entrants? Is it dictated by the spaces available in the Pub Car Park or are there laws in place limiting the size of club rallies?

Fingers crossed.

thescrapman wrote:

Tim

Xmas, BAh-Humbug.

You are getting soft in your old age.

Xmas is a time for giving, and what better way than giving your loved one an entry for the RBRR.

Sod the bloody kids, tell them you have spent their present money on petrol, they will understand.

Couldn't agree more Colin. Christmas is my time for working through and correcting the long list of bodges that you and Mike Bishop did to Gertie when you owned her.  :)

TRJames,

Two limits:
A) As Pete states, physical size of the establishments that we visit. But the biggest factor being that the two breakfast establishments at JOG and LE cannot cope with more than 250no people.

B) Organisation: 115no starters is the approximate max that we have had and it was difficult to keep control. Jason Chinn runs the Entry Admin and its the most difficult aspect of the event as he has to keep track of all entry revisions: Car and crew changes as well as address, phone and email changes, this job becomes fraught the closer we get to the RBRR weekend.

C) The event is blessed with unique camaraderie and too many entries could undermine that. During the weekend there is a definite feeling of unity amongst the crews, all helping each other when issues develop.

Please note that everyone who has ever wished to do the event has always done the event!

Its a great event and one that most seem to enjoy.

391 wrote:

Couldn't agree more Colin. Christmas is my time for working through and correcting the long list of bodges that you and Mike Bishop did to Gertie when you owned her.  :)

I (that is me, not we) only perpetrated 1 bodge, and it wasn't a bodge it was a quality repair to the indicator stalk. I reckon the nut has come loose.... :-)

Any other issues found I suggest you look elsewhere.... :-)