"Team Log" entry went in the postbox at about half past midnight last night, filled in after a few pints of ale down the pub but hopefully still legible!  

Team Log consists of me, Bodders and the "Flying Log" Poo Brown Dolomite.... May add a 3rd driver nearer the time....

A suggestion for future years.
Could the entry be available online?
I know in stage rallying these days most clubs now use an online entry system that is provided by I think www.rallies.info Not sure of the cost involved, I think it's so much per entry processed. Also gives option of payment method like PayPal, bank transfer or good old cheque.

just an idea

Tim

The Chelmsford MC use an online system for entry to their Targas, very simple.

Payment is either via Paypal, or bank transfer using a reference it provides, or you send a cheque with teh same ref attached.

Is fully editable afterwards, and then produces the entryu list for them to print at the start.

Perhaps contact them and see if the code is available. The guy who does it is very friendly and helpful

Cheers

Colin

Are these other rallies filled up as quickly as the RBRR? If it was allowed online I can see it filling up within a few hours and anyone away for a weekend or not able to use a computer would miss out. Us guys promoting the RBRR at the NEC have only been able to post off our entries today so we'd be stuffed!

The last CMC Targa filled up in about a month.

75 starters (only 50-odd finishers, was a bit punishing).

Entries are only accepted once fully completed and money is confirmed received.

I think there is an allowance for cheque lag in the post.

This is the entry form for "The Preston"

http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/Preston13/EntryForm.php

This event fills up quite quickly, couple of weeks, then some "churn" as people drop out and spaces are filled.

Difference is perhaps that drop out advise quicker than the RBRR.

Cheers

Colin

The other advantage of on line is that it helps our overseas members to get their entries in just as quickly as us Brits...

In this day and age of smart phones, tablets, laptops etc I can't believe that there would be a team that couldn't get their entry in on line even if away for the weekend. The real technophobes may have an issue but I doubt if there are more than about 1 or two teams that would have no internet access at all and I'm sure that they could get another CT member to put their entry in for them...

I see your point, but I'm still not convinced it'd be a good idea for the RBRR. The 10CR which doesn't fill up as quickly, yes.

If you're going to allow online entry you'll have to announce in advance when and where it will be available. If this is before the last magazine has been received then you're alienating those people. If you can't get to a computer at that time or you don't have one then you're alienating them - so if your internet connection goes down, you're on holiday or you're working at the time you're included here. If you're doing it to intentionally make it easier for Americans then you'll realistically have to do it when they're likely to be home from work in their evening thanks to their time differences throughout the day, some will be in rush hour or asleep otherwise - so the UK will have it at an extremely bad time and people in Germany etc will have a very early wake up just to enter. And if you're one of the huge majority percentage who don't use this site and would only enter by post you risk losing your place to someone who has entered online a day or two after you've filled in your form. The post gives you so much grace. If it arrives during a day and you see it after that days post has been collected you've got all night and most of the next day to get it in. If it arrives on a Saturday when you're out with your family you've got up until some time on Monday to do it. But more importantly it's the same for everyone.

Those are just my views. It doesn't make them the right ones though.

Pete's words are wise.

We may well change for 2016, but we have had to stay with post and cheques for 2014.

Please note that we spend time thinking about the announcement of such an important event as the RBRR. We (the organising team) have had two 3hr meets already(One in Feb this year to review the 2012 event and one in Sept to preview the 2014 event) where all aspects of the event have been examined and discussed. We will be meeting again in late Jan. But with a team with the calibre of Jason Chinn, Andy Martin, Nigel Abdullah and Dave Langrick, please be assured that we do think about things.

Important to note that no one who has ever wanted to do the event has done the RBRR, we have never left anyone on the reserve list. This is why I do not understand the panic or rush on November 15th. Still, one must take the rush as a compliment about the RBRR.

Dale B reckons he has the best job in the Club, I disagree, I have the best job in the Club as main organiser of the Club's best event (Best event: Contentious words, eh).

As far as I know I am only 1 of 4 Americans who has entered the RBRR since 2006.  Pat Barbor, Blake Discher and a friend of Jason's.  I have allways had a English crew so entry has been no problem with one of then sending the entry in time.  Again this time Ashley Mills sent my entry along with his.  The years Pat and Blake ran they also brought a car over and I do not know how they got their entry in but Pat has many friends who could have found someone to send their entry.   I have allways made arrangements for the entry fee.  Two years Pat was with Carl and Tim so I am sure they took care of entry.  I don't know how those form Europe enter, assume the same.  Only change I would like to see, those of us who do not live in the UK be able to PayPal the fee.  We can't write checks or send cash in the mail.  Yes I am willing to pay the extra PayPal fee.  Above I believe Tim will work with anyone who want's in.  In part that's why I put a Sticky Thread for those who want a co driver or want to be one.  Please note, I have no problem working within the rules and do not expect any favors or special treatment because of where I live.  

The year that Pat brought his GT6 I don't know if his co driver was a American.

timbancroft61 wrote:

Important to note that no one who has ever wanted to do the event has done the RBRR, we have never left anyone on the reserve list. This is why I do not understand the panic or rush on November 15th. Still, one must take the rush as a compliment about the RBRR.

Tim

Is is very important to encourage the rush for places, as if it is felt that you can enter at anytime, then you will soon end up like many other motorsport events with people deciding the week before whether to enter or not, usually not, and the events fold.

It stops being important as people have nothing to lose.

People will wait to see if they have enough money that weekend, or see if something else comes up, or whether they can really be arsed to drive round the country.

With rush for places comes commitment. A place is something to be proud of. £10 a week in a jar towards the petrol, a reason to get a car back on the road, that sort of thing.

Cheers

Colin

Colin,

Obviously there are lots pros and cons about opening the RBRR entry in November. The one that worries me is that its a financial outlay just before Xmas, being a caring old sod I'd quite like to open the event with the publication of the March edition of Club Torque.

Tradition states that we open with the publication of November edition of Club Torque.

Anyway,shall we move on?