Surely they will no longer be part of "Britain" so we just go up and along Hadrians Wall and back down again.

Will give the opportunity to run else where, such as across to the East coast, and then up, get in a lot of Wales...

Like this! And it is circlular like, so definately "Round" Britain (or what will be left of it)

thescrapman wrote:
Surely they will no longer be part of "Britain" so we just go up and along Hadrians Wall and back down again.

If I am not mistaken, Britain, or Great Britain refers to the geographical island, and not the country or kingdom (even though the terms are sometimes interchanged). So Scotland will be part of Britain (unless drastic measures are being planned), just not the Kingdom that current administers it and a small part of Ireland, (in the same way as Canada is part of North America, but not the USA).

Since 9/11 we now need a passport to go in and out of Canada.  However their are many unmanned border crossings.   Of course on the run I will have my passport anyway, but it will be a pain if we all have to stop and jump through hoops.  Does anyone really think their will be a problem?  NO, I did not mean McJim.

thescrapman wrote:

Will give the opportunity to run else where, such as across to the East coast, and then up, get in a lot of Wales...

Like this! And it is circlular like, so definately "Round" Britain (or what will be left of it)

Forgive the negativity Colin, but something will be missing on Saturday morning............. BREAKFAST.

Colin

On Newsnight last night they were interviewing a Rab C Nesbitt type.

They asked him what he would miss about being British.

He thought about it for a while, and finally admitted that he would miss Match Of The Day on the telly ;D

I will not miss the inevitability of the 5 second portion of the BBC weather forecast on the news each night where they tell us down South that its going to be raining in Scotland the next day.

CRAJ wrote:

Forgive the negativity Colin, but something will be missing on Saturday morning............. BREAKFAST.

Colin

Thought about that! About 13 hours in on my reroute is Hadrians Wall.

We can chuck half eaten bacon sarnies at the peasants on the other side.

Or even better, we can all line up on the top and have a "how far can you piss" competition.

Colin

Nice.   If you guys think all Scots are a bunch of idiots don't come here.   More thought is going into the decision we have to make next week than you muppets could imagine.  It is a very tough and dare I say scary decision and lots of us are very very uncomfortable regardless of which way the vote goes.     And I come onto a Club Triumph thread and find this crap.  

Canleys have lost a customer - well done.

Doug_P wrote:
Nice.   If you guys think all Scots are a bunch of idiots don't come here.   More thought is going into the decision we have to make next week than you muppets could imagine.  It is a very tough and dare I say scary decision and lots of us are very very uncomfortable regardless of which way the vote goes.     And I come onto a Club Triumph thread and find this crap.  

Canleys have lost a customer - well done.

I don't think Scots are idiots, far from it. My post was to show an example of how Scots had portrayed themselves in film culture - it's funny and perhaps ironic.

I know you guys have an important decision to make, but I fear that there's a lot of disinformation around and there are inconclusive, short term views on the possible consequences. I fear that you may be sleepwalking into long term difficulties...

Right, that's the end of politics for today  :)

Doug.

Anything I have posted was intended to be "tongue in cheek" and nothing more than a bit of ribbing. I am sure that the other posts are just the same. So apologies if they did offend, it was not intended.

The reporting of the  machinations north of the border down here in the deepest south is I expect totally different to what you are seeing and hearing. The SNP is certainly not shown in the same way as it undoubtably is in Scotland.

All anyone can hope is that those allowed to vote  do think long and hard about what they are doing as it will have long term impact on the rest of the British Isles.

Cheers

Colin

Colin - accepted.   You are correct.  The reporting I have seen in papers south of the border is indeed very different to the extent that the same paper will have diametrically opposite views on its front page depending which edition it is.  

Anyway I'm not going to get political when I have an engine which has just blown itself to bits - priorities .........

Doug P. I read the entire thread as a (not so) subtle attempt to raise the ire of the man called McJim.  :)
It is easy to see how it could however been read as you saw it.  :B

I will be appalled if the Scots decide to call it a day. It will have massive and far reaching consequences- not the least being financial. I see the whole thing as driven by utterly vested interest of one flavour or another, be that the Yes vote or the No vote, rather than a rational discussion on what is best for the people of these 2 countries as a whole.
I find it utterly incredulous that in these days of nescessary financial restriant, anyone can sensibly argue the case for scottish devolution or English regional devolution?  The last thing this country needs is more bloody politicians!' :-/

I know they are being daft - but it is a very serious time up here.  It is not as simple a decision as most think and many many people are thinking extremely hard up here.  I am sure it will be a huge turnout.  Unlike a typical general election, people all over the place are attending and engaging in debates in village halls etc - I've never seen anything like it.   There are firm YES people (many who have thought it through, many who are dyed in the wool nationalists and many who are idiots - and I include the traditionally sectarian bigot population in that ......).   There are many firm NO people (many have thought it through, many have been firm NO forever and many are idiots - that includes the other half of the traditionally sectarian bigot population).  

But its the "undecideds" who are the big danger area for both sides.  The people who are going to make the final decision next Thursday based on what they have been hearing on the news (big mistake), in the papers (bigger mistake) but also on what they have been hearing from colleagues, friends etc South of the border.  

I know people who have moved from "no" to "undecided" and in some cases on to "yes" who have stated at least part of the reason is the "get lost ya bunch of scroungers" attitude we are seeing in jest, and not in jest from other parts of the UK (not just politicians).    So there's the rub - if you want us to stay don't overplay the "Scottish Idiots" type of thing - the politicians are doing it by blatantly lying on several points and when they are caught lying more people change their vote.   If friends/acquaintances etc are doing it too that might just be the last straw for some.  

There is an awful lot of the type of chat in this thread.   Most of my work colleagues are south of Gretna and they are doing the same thing.   Pissing off those people who are otherwise friends is not a great way to motivate them to stay.  

Anyway- that is me not taking sides.

Tim - I have met plenty of Scots that I (And you probably) wouldn't like - but I have had more exposure.  We are mostly good guys.