• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car is loaded, Shaun will be buying some stores in the morning and then we are off!
the indicators turned out to be a dodgy switch in the steering boss, so have temporary installed 2 switches wired into the flashers relays... should work ... for now. Too much work to strip the steering box and retrieve the switch.

hooking up the trailer... no lights, no indictors, brake, tail..... grrr.... had shaun hunting for fuses, but the solution was much simpler, a loose wire in the plug
. being the earth return nothing would work. should have been obvious but took us a good hour of swearing before it dawned.

Ah well, getting good with the multimeter!

See you all on friday!, or Thursday evening for a quick route recon... to know where to take off from... Oh did not realize it was a pub, well we might just have one then...

:)

D

Last minute spannering at the plough to sort out those indicator's  meet up with Rob.

Off to To the hotel with a strong fuel smell
The carburetor top  ( new overhauled one) has a stripped thread at the fuel pipe connection. Will have to glue that in tomorrow.
Called a helpline to get one here as a back up as well

D

"56" I thought we were team "109"   ;D

We were over the moon to finish, it was great fun. Thanks to all, my mum and dirk's sister were looking down on us!

Now the renown is due a service! (again)
And not bad with just a 10 minute test drive!!!

Thanks all for then great support, we will up load the pictures to the gallery!

Fantastic, well done you three (and the old girl). I left The Plough quite early and the best sight I saw all weekend was the Renown passing me in East Lodge Lane barely a mile from the finish at around 20.30. I let out a cheer since I knew you could push it from there if you had to!

How do you now fancy the 2015 10CR in this wonderful car?

Tim

It's one of those weird things about the RBRR - you travel around the country with 100+ other Triumphs yet there are some cars you simply don't see all weekend - we never saw the Renown anywhere other than at the Plough at the start and at the finish!
Excellent effort and achievement proving once more that you really can do this event in any Triumph.

Well done Dirk and team - and car!

We followed it a way to Bude and into Dartmoor, it rolls a little going in to bends......but it came out the otherside. Obviuosly not designed for the RBRR but still managed it.
Big effort and just rewards in making it round, well done from teams 78 and 80.

Colin

thank you all for the congratulations!
Boy did we have fun..... Even with the Hooligans driving it while I was asleep...

Still well done for the old girl, she only complained when we put in the cheap Tesco stuff, she loves the premium gogo juice much better, and quite a lot of it.
The only breakdown we had was a return spring on the carburettor that broke, and the Alternator that made a bit for freedom but Shaun managed to catch it in time,Oh and my armrest fell off... Bummer!

That is not to count our last minute pre-start panic when the fuel connection into the carb stripped it's thread and we could not get it tight. A big thank to Mike Pepper, who drove all the way from Burgress Hill with a spare carb he picked up a week before.
Also a big thank to, and I now forgot his name, from the Razoredge club who drove out in his renown to Pimpernel with a bootfull of spares just in case we would have needed anything.

And our thanks to Tim, Jason and all the others who made this happen!

Cheerz!
Dirk

CRAJ wrote:
it rolls a little going in to bends......

Colin

ha ha a little!!!! a lot, sometimes it was like driving a little dingy, but it was fun!

and sorry for the convoy that we was holding up through dartmoor, (and the smoke) going up and down the hills!

so i wonder if spax make shock dampers....................

Jason wrote:
It's one of those weird things about the RBRR - you travel around the country with 100+ other Triumphs yet there are some cars you simply don't see all weekend - we never saw the Renown anywhere other than at the Plough at the start and at the finish!

We saw a lot of it.. :-(

And smelt a lot of it as well...

Funniest bit was when we pulled out of Badgers wot-not behind them, and Shaun waved us past, we were foot to the floor in first and not gaining ground. He gave up waving after a while...  :-/

ferny wrote:

somehow I kneew that this picture was going to make it publicized!
For the less sensational pictures, here is the link to my album on Picassa
https://picasaweb.google.com/113190960295243106562/RBRR2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNCZ96G8vt_nbg&feat=directlink
D