CT Warwickshire Winter 12 Car

Jonny-Jimbo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1  ) Richard Warr, Lynn O'Halloran - 2000 Mk1 - Worcestershire (Novice)
2  ) Rob Pearce, Iris Chiu - Vitesse - Cambridgeshire (Beginner)
3  ) Charlie Deards, Matt Roughton - 2500S Estate - Hertfordshire/Warwickshire (Novice - Matt is navigating)
4  ) Phil Stanley, Simon Moy - GT6 Mk2 - Kent/Derbyshire (Novice)
5  ) Dale Barker, Nigel Abdullah - 2000 Mk1 - Hertfordshire - Expert
6  ) Nathan Billing, Bruce Jones - 1300 FWD - Coventry and Warwickshire - Novice
7  ) Andrew Martin, Michael Stern - Vitesse 6 - Middlesex - Expert
8  ) Justin McInroy, Sarah Nicholson - Mazda MX5 - Mercia Motor Club - Novice
9  ) Heather Martin, Stuart Martin - Subaru Impreza - Mercia Motor Club - Novice
10 ) Steve Radley, Colin Wake - Mk1 2000, 2600cc - Essex - Expert
11 ) Bob Honnor, Mike Phillips - TVR Tamora - Mercia Motor Club - Beginner

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Hi all,

Just a quick note; as to be expected, that somewhat blustery day we had yesterday caused a small amount of havoc round these parts. Lots of trees down etc. I'll have to recce the route again to check for fallen trees etc. Hopefully no issues, but watch this space / your email inbox!!

Just been out doing that for my Chelmsford MC one tonight. Just a few twigs here and there that was all.

Thanks to everyone, both from CT and Mercia MC for coming along yesterday. As usual it seems that some found sections easier than others, and the sections I thought were easy weren't etc. The 'figure of not quite 8' Herringbone seemed to really throw the experts... can't imagine why 😉.

I think overall, all the teams enjoyed it, although the end of section 2 / start of section 3 did seem to throw a few teams off as the photographer said he didn't see all the cars come through. Still, having had a quick flick through on his camera, there's some great shots, particularly at the start of the event going over the bridge at Hunningham.

Well done to all the CT crews, but I must congratulate Sarah and Justin from the Mercia MC who were the only team to get a clean run throughout the whole event.

I'll write up a report for the mag, and I'll publish results here this evening too when I get home.

Here's a few snaps from Facebook in the mean time.

Thanks chaps, glad you all enjoyed it. I think I might be earning a reputation for making the navigation a little bit hard! Still, if I made it too easy then there would be nothing to distinguish the results, everyone would score the same, and it would be like a school sports day where everyone's a winner (I always sucked at school sports day, but I didn't mind).

Glad you have the bug, hopefully see you for the summer treasure hunt!

Absolutely brilliant day, really enjoyed it, being our first rally it was a lot harder than anticipated but mainly because we didn't know navigators launguage and we had to learn as we went, plus the fact my semi pro navigator pulled out at the last minute, massive thanks to stewart for standing in! A lot learnt and a lot of learning to do for me and some modifications to the car for the next one! Thanks to John for taking the time to set it up and manage the event!

Looking forward to seeing some of the photos when there published.

Nathan.

Results available on the downloads below. Sorry to those of you that have emailed me for more info - can only got on my emails at work at the moment due to internet issues at home.

Please note that the overall results do not include the Mercia Motor Club members, so I think this is what will be used for the CT championships. Rob (and Iris) your scores are at the bottom as the begineers class is scored differently, but you can see how you compare to the other teams anyway.

Thanks!

Lots of people have asked for them, but I've had issues with internet access of late.

I thought I'd upload the clues, that way people can download as they wish to, and gives people some reference for future events, or something to practice with.

Novice clues below - Expert to follow.