CT Warwickshire Winter 12 Car

Jonny-Jimbo

Hot on the heels of Mike's Essex and Suffolk event, I can announce the provisional date for the Warwickshire Winter 12 Car is 26th February - "A Wintery Wootton Wander"

The exact start and finish locations will be a few miles apart, but in the region of Leamington Spa and Warwick, just off the M40.

You will need Landranger Map 151, Stratford-Upon-Avon. This is a completely new area compared to our last 12 car rally, so new roads and navigation challenges!

As usual at the start of the event we will be providing a light breakfast, but given the time of year, we will hope to provide some hot food, and of course coffee and tea will be provided in the entry fee. At the finish location hot food will be available too. Anticipate arrival time to be 9am, briefing at 9.30am and set off at 10am, finishing around 2pm or so.

Trophies will be given at the event of the event.

As before, this will run primarily for CT teams only, although the event may be opened up to others to fill numbers if needed.

Hopefully see lots of you then!

*A view you may, or may not see on this event

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, always nice to get some new faces along to these things! I wonder if the plea in the club mag made people investigate these events more, as a few years ago we (the club) were struggling to get even 6 entries.

I'll publish the paperwork soon, but the map you will need is as follows;
OS Landranger Map 151
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwick & Banbury

Edition C4,
Revised 1997
Revised for selected change 2012.
ISBN; 978-0-319-23178-4

• 2 weeks later...

Entry forms, regulations etc will be released on the 15th Dec with entries opening immediately from that point.

Expect narrow lanes (hopefully no angry farmers this time!!) for some 'interesting' navigation, and some fast open roads too. Hopefully we'll have some photographers dotted around the route too, but our usual photographers Andy and Rachel may be busy; child number two and moving into their new house all in the space of a week!!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone,

In anticipation of the huge rush of entries I'm highly unlikely to receive, I have decided to release the paperwork now, so those of you who are very keen can get an entry to me in time for the actual opening of the entries.

Entries will remain open until the middle of Feb.

This years event is a little longer in mileage than some of the club events, but the second half is mainly much quicker roads where you can easily average 40 - 60mph (where speed limits allow!), but the timing of the rally has been set at 20mph for the duration, so there should be plenty of plotting time too, and you shouldn't have to risk anything to complete the event on time. I hope it will be quite relaxed but good fun.

AJ will be providing breakfast again - the hall we're using is a bit cheaper than before so we're hoping to offer at least a bacon and egg sarnie to all entrants as part of the entry cost, but we may stretch as far as a Full English - TBC.

I look forward to seeing you all then, and hopefully a few new faces too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jonno

Apologies for not sending in my application form. Brian isn't free that weekend so I have been looking for another crew member. Anyway it's all sorted now as my wife Su will be driving our Stag and I will be navigating 🙂

Form will be in the post later this week

Regards

Bruce

Sam, that's a shame - but there are plenty more coming this year - most are in the south of the country, and then there is my summer treasure hunt which is usually good fun.

Nathan, yup, there is still space on the event. If you want you could give me your entry form and payment at the TDC/CT meet next week (If I've remembered your user name correctly!).