What have you done recently or are planning to do soon to your Triumph?

Tim Bancroft

Posted (edited)

It look like the actual aluminium fixing track has been removed it should be pop riveted to the roof aperture, a front header rail where the roof closure mechanism locks in and 3 rails that lie below the roof level and the 4 metal feet sit in to open/close it, these should have plastic/nylon sliders which are available on eBay 

IMG_6041.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

Edited by Wendy Dawes

I will take the sunroof off and take some more photos with the old one i have taken off and the one that come with the car so there’s no mix up. And then try to make one from both I don’t no much about the history about the sunroof just that it has been sitting outside for a while. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2024 at 07:53, Colin Cutts said:

Just purchased a stag trying unsuccessfully to sort out the wiring to the clocks previous owners made a right pigs ear of it any stag owners near Newark who are familiar with stag electrics any help would be much appreciated

Time for the soldering iron & heatshrink? How bad is it?

The MkII 2000/2.5 has a similar dash if you need parts like bulb holders, or I think you can unplug the dash part of the loom as a unit. There are a couple of Stag breakers if you want the whole dash loom.

I should add there are two different types of loom with the change somewhere around 1973. The earlier ones have rubber block connectors, the later cars have plastic block connectors.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 09/07/2024 at 08:34, Colin Cutts said:

Changing my stag over to a header tank I am in the very early stages found a merc header tank made a fixing bracket for it will be locating fabricating other parts shortly 

I fitted a Merc van header tank to our Stag about 10 years ago.👍

Edited by Rubce

• 3 weeks later...