CT Historic Autosolo - Sunday 20th July 2014

Ellis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to ask a wee little favour from anyone with a 2ltr vitesse.
Any chance of being taken for a mad 0-60 dash, I'm quite surprised at the acceleration of my mk1 saloon and I'd just like to know how fast a vitesse is, I suppose a GT6 or Git fire would do !

Cheers chaps,see you Sunday

Neither Julie nor will be able to make this I'm afraid. Just driving the GT6 back this evening, suddenly lost both temperature and petrol gauges, also indicators. Fuses keep blowing. Car will start but not run. The Dolly currently has one carb in bits so we're a bit short of a working Triumph. Very disappointed but best of luck to everyone for a good day tomorrow.

Jeff

1344 wrote:
I'd just like to ask a wee little favour from anyone with a 2ltr vitesse.
Any chance of being taken for a mad 0-60 dash, I'm quite surprised at the acceleration of my mk1 saloon and I'd just like to know how fast a vitesse is, I suppose a GT6 or Git fire would do !

Cheers chaps,see you Sunday

Saloons are surprisingly quick 0-60 — doesn't matter too much as it'll trash a Vit or GT6 in the bends anyway

Thanks to Nigel and all the organising crew for another successful Auto solo at Bovingdon
Another great day of action, speed, fun ,camaraderie and hot weather
I awoke this morning to find with  what appeared to be a beetroot growing on my shoulders............the sun took its toll on an ever receding upper thatch.
My ever slowing brain means that I get slower every year in this event.............but it doesn`t mean I lose out on the enjoyable event and even more sociable members
For those that do not attempt it...................you are losing out on a fantastic day
After dropping Philip off for a trip into London,....I drove , top down,sleeveless in the cool rain mist roads all the way back to Yorkshire, arriving at 11pm, being kept warm by a rather red glow!        

Video with a few runs attached complete with commentary from Tim - although I'm not sure who was getting angry at 3:00  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjf4MsJP8U&feature=youtu.be

Mark

Edit ...... for anyone out there who fancies trying this but is too nervous - that's my little girl having a bash after just four driving lessons and making it look easy!  So it really is a fun day out for everyone!

'twas a good day and all the better for the weather not being too hot  8)

Big thanks to my team of timing marshals who worked really well - the event was also helped by cars generally staying on the course and not murdering too many cones  :)

Jason wrote:
'twas a good day and all the better for the weather not being too hot  8)

Big thanks to my team of timing marshals who worked really well -

My first time as a timing marshal and I really enjoyed it. It's very rewarding seeing somebody's face light up when you tell them they've done the course 5 seconds faster.

Tim Bancroft made me laugh too by nicknaming Davemate's car and mine Yin & Yang.  ;D

391 wrote:

My first time as a timing marshal and I really enjoyed it. It's very rewarding seeing somebody's face light up when you tell them they've done the course 5 seconds faster.

Tim Bancroft made me laugh too by nicknaming Davemate's car and mine Yin & Yang.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D Reminds me of the  twins in one of the Austin Powers Movies................Must say they do look good together